Bread protects sandwich meat from the elements, sheltering it from spring showers, summer heat waves, and winter’s onslaught of carnivorous snowmen. Check out the original bodyguard with today’s Groupon to Fontano’s Subs in Hinsdale. Choose between the following options:
- For $10, you get a meal for two (a $20.66 total value) that includes the following:
- Two 6-inch subs (a $5.95 value each)
- Two large soft drinks (a $2.39 value each)
- Two cookies (a $1 value each)
- Two bags of chips (a $0.99 value each)
- For $19, you get a meal for four (a $41.32 total value) that includes the following:
- Four 6-inch subs (a $5.95 value each)
- Four large soft drinks (a $2.39 value each)
- Four cookies (a $1 value each)
- Four bags of chips (a $0.99 value each)<p>
Fontano’s Subs loads pillowy loaves with towers of Italian-inspired meats and artisan cheeses to forge a meaty menu of deli-style subs. Sandwich fans pace the checkered linoleum floor as they choose between bold specialty sandwiches, such as the Wiseguy’s smorgasbord of prosciutto, capicola, genoa salami, and provolone, and simpler bites of deli corned beef smothered in cheese. A list of meats and cheeses including mortadella, cotto salami, and provolone invite eaters to build their own subs, forging masterpieces of culinary expression or meat-based replicas of American Gothic atop a canvas of crusty french bread. Hearty bread bundles transform into full meals alongside a slate of bubbling fountain drinks, Frito Lay chips, and chocolate-chip, peanut-butter, or sugar cookies.
Over the past 50 or so years, Chicago’s Little Italy may have endured a wave of gentrification, but it still manages to maintain its original charm owing to establishments like Fontano’s Subs. Since 1960, Fontano’s has assembled top meats and cheeses into decadent, hefty sandwiches, including italian beef, italian sausage, and italian meatball. The team behind the counter sides these handheld meals with familiar deli sides including coleslaw, potato, and macaroni salads and Good Humor ice-cream bars harvested directly from the earth’s frozen core. The popularity of Fontano’s has spurred five additional storefronts across Illinois where customers can expect to find the same quality subs as those from its flagship location.
9 S Lincoln St.
Hinsdale, Illinois 60521Get Directions