What You'll Get
Organic foodstuffs are devoid of any harmful chemicals that may cause apple trees to animate, become angry, and try to throw their apples into passersby's mouths. For $10, today's Groupon offers $20 worth of organically awesome food and drink from the café and marketplace of Food + Lab.
Food + Lab is run by mad scientists Esther and Nino Linsmayer, a mother-and-son team with a simple strategy for galactic domination: using only the freshest possible nitrate-free, hormone-free, organic ingredients. Food + Lab's lunch menu runs the gamut from an organic curried-chicken sandwich ($8) to a buffalo-mozzarella organic salad bedazzled with cherry tomato, zucchini, pesto, tapenade, and sunflower seeds ($13), with stops in between at organic oases and healthy havens in the guises of bowls of soup ($5.50) and cheese platters with fruits, nuts, and bread baskets ($15).
Food + Lab's newly extended breakfast menu takes a similar route—highlights include a Belgian waffle with a plum compote ($8), a Nutella and mascarpone sugar brioche ($6.50), and authentic coffee from the caffeine fountains of Vienna ($2.25 for a large). On the weekends only, Food + Lab serves up organic egg dishes like the two sunny sides with Austrian speck served in a skillet ($9.50). Breakfast is dished up until 11 a.m. on the weekdays and 4 p.m. on weekends.
Styrofoam lumberjacks have reason to shed a tear—Food + Lab uses plates, cutlery, and cups that are 80% environmentally friendly and biodegradable. In an additional protest against traditional concepts of waste, Food + Lab has an art gallery in its restroom, stirring fledgling Marcel Duchamps to artistic action. Food + Lab also offers outdoor patio seating for diners desiring divine dayshine.
- This West Hollywood offshoot of a catering company mixes a casual cafe featuring a comfortable outdoor patio with a marketplace where dishes and a variety of culinary products can be purchased; the cuisine melds Californian and Mittel European influences, with an emphasis on organic – the single most-used word on the menu. – Zagat
- Once our journey to Food+Lab was complete we realized quite simply that it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that this sidewalk café creates edible concoctions that keep testing your taste buds and keep the customers coming back for more. – Viva LA Foodies
- It's not your typical hole-in-the-wall neighborhood spot: Shelves brim with Dean & DeLuca products; European confections and sodas are everywhere; and, bucking the local coffee trend, it serves Julian Meinl from Vienna. There's also a patio out back surrounded by ample free parking. Bonus...It's also grab-and-go nirvana, definitely one for the picnic-provisions list. – Tasting Table
- Food+Lab is incredibly delicious. Fresh ingredients, creative dishes, and a well-rounded concept...They also have cute little French and German treats...Plus, they offer boxed meals to pack up for Hollywood Bowl. – Natalie A., Yelp
- I have yet to find a cafe in Lalaland with such an appetizing menu of sandwiches...Food + Lab's grilled organic chicken BLT on ciabatta is amaazzzin'!...Food + Lab has the best sandies in LA! – Lara H., Yelp
- I am addicted to Food Lab. They have this amazing assortment of everything from foodie gifts and munchies, deserts and drinks to actual meals that are absolutely delicious...And the backyard. Charming. – Nuevohombre, Citysearch
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 19, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person. Limit 1 per table. Not valid with other offers. Tax and gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.