Unlike summer camps, boot camps won't require you to put on a fundraising talent show to stop a nefarious computer company from turning Lake Cowabunga into its new industrial-waste depository. Team up to fight unfitness with today's Groupon: for $40, you get one month of unlimited boot camp (a $159 value) from Forte Fitness in Winter Park.
Forte Fitness's boot camp offers an intensive regime of fat-burning workouts that help participants decrease the scales and increase metabolism. Sessions use body-weight training, high-intensity interval training, kettlebells, and exercise bands to burn up to 1,000 calories, or 1,000 pieces of swallowed chewing gum, per workout. After taking initial measurements at the beginning of the month, a boot camp manual of seven-day meal plans and grocery lists, along with instructor encouragement, helps participants stay on track with their weight-loss goals. Camp is offered at Lake Island Park at the following times:
- 6 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 9 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- 6 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
Though reviews for the Forte Fitness boot camp are scarce, past participants rave about the experiences in online testimonials on the business's old website:
- Alicia is the consummate professional -- she has great technical knowledge and is always punctual and polite. She knows just when to push us a little harder and when we have had enough. She keeps our training interesting by always introducing new techniques. We both have seen amazing results. – Charlie & Barbara S., online testimonial
- The final document which Alicia provides to each and every boot camper of their before and after measurements is a great idea and provides tangible evidence of progress. – Mike F., online testimonial
Forte Fitness’s owner, Alicia Streger, gathers a crew of trainers whose backgrounds are as diverse as the exercises performed within her boot camps. When not motivating people to achieve their fitness goals, instructors spend time participating in fitness competitions and charity camps within the community, building strong bonds and increasing their accountability and success as co-trainers. Each instructor's background is reflected in his or her physical and mental fitness, and they try to instill that discipline in students through their 21-day Belly Blast Challenges, boot camps, and regular kettlebell courses, all supplemented with nutritional education. For traveling clients who don’t want to lose the rhythm of their routine, the instructors assemble their 20 favorite body-weight exercises, ones that conveniently don’t require using any particular equipment or punching any particular wall.