- $45 for $100 toward custom framing or ready-made frames.
- For more info on Frame-O-Rama’s framing services, click here.
Since the shop opened in 1974, Frame-O-Rama's team has mastered all sorts of techniques to preserve family photos, works of art, and other frame-able objects. "We've framed ceremonial objects such as christening gowns and shoes, and African walking sticks. My personal favorite was a signed Willie Mays baseball with a signed and mounted print of him playing stickball back in Brooklyn," Frame-O-Rama manager Matt Miller said in an interview with SFGate.
See below for more details on their various techniques.
- Closed-Corner Handcrafted Frames: Closed-corner frames are Frame-O-Rama's specialty, as the staff makes the frame moulding out of hardwood or gold and silver. They do everything by hand, including carving wood or leafing metal.
- Leather-Wrapped Moulding: These frames arrive from Peru—Frame-O-Rama's team adds custom touches, such as stitches or cowboy buckles.
- Shadow Boxes: Pretty much anything that doesn't require refrigeration or frequent human contact can go in one of Frame-O-Rama's shadow boxes. Framing bugs, sports jerseys, and wedding bouquets are just a few possibilities
- Matting and glass: Frame-O-Rama uses museum-quality materials, including UV-blocking glass and matting wrapped in all sorts of materials, such as linen or velvet.