Your hair is practically the only part of your head that can blow in the wind. Let it blow stunningly with today’s Groupon: $35 for a men’s salon-services package at award-winning FrancesRay Jules Salon, located downtown on Portland Street, a combined $80 value. Your Groupon gets you a haircut, a scalp treatment with scalp massage, and a men’s sports manicure, sprucing you up just in time for the apology season.
Your visit will consist of a series of services, starting with a scalp treatment to moisturize your noggin and mane, followed by an eyeroll-inducing scalp massage that will instantly take your mind off of any bad picks at the dog track (a $25 value). Next up is a slick haircut (a $40 value) from one of the seasoned professionals at the salon (you won't be paired with a junior stylist for this deal). They’re capable of intricately scissor-slicing and scissor-dicing to your specifications or pulling off the most laudable “two on the sides, three on top” in the history of clippers.
Then the party moves from your head to your hands with the men’s sports manicure ($15). If the word manicure makes you uneasy, consider its etymological roots in the Latin for “hand awesomfication.” Plus, ladies will notice and tell other ladies, and before you know it, you're the star of every fingerblog.
As winter approaches, sucking moisture out of every scalp and squashing bouncy summer ‘dos under novelty ski hats, protective measures are in order. Let the pros at FrancesRay Jules winterize your head before it’s too late and your scalp has lost significant value due to snow damage.
- I went in and my stylist gave me exactly what I wanted. She listened to everything I said. She took the time to do a GREAT cut, but I wanted it just a tad shorter- so she redid it shorter!!! No one usually takes that kind of time- or even asks what you really want. I would definately [sic] recommend this salon!!! – popsbound, Citysearch
- All of the stylists at FRJ are attentive and listen to what you want. They don't take liberties you aren't comfortable with and always make sure they are giving you what you want. – gfharmon, Citysearch
Gentlemen, Start Your Handsome
Old-fashioned masculine grooming is coming back—big time—propelled to the forefront by shows like Mad Men and Jack Handsome’s Piano and Whiskey-Fueled Confidence Hour. Here are a number of exercises to help you unleash your inner Mad Man:
- Walk into your boss’s office. Punch him. If he says anything other than, “I like your spunk,” punch him again. Repeat until you are head of company. (Note: If your boss is female and/or of slight build, punch their bird.)
- Collect and publicly display inspirational works of literature written by great historical tyrants. Recommended: It’s Ain’t Easy Bein’ Great by Alexander T. Great; Who Moved My Mounted Archers by Genghis Khan; King of The World: The James Cameron Story by James Cameron with Melvin Berkowitz.
- Remember, it’s not a three-piece suit without a vest made of asbestos.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
At FrancesRay Jules Salon, stylists shear, color, and straighten tresses, polish nails, and pamper skinscapes, earning laud as having Boston’s Best Waxing by CityVoter in 2009 and voted as best salon in 2006 and 2007. Expert hands style manes into elegant updos and brush Jules Makeup over eyes and cheeks before wedding ceremonies or bouquet-toss cage matches. Epidermises rejuvenate with facials, waxing, and body treatments such as an exfoliating body glow with sea salts and essential oils. FrancesRay Jules Salon's aestheticians wield professional products as they transform exteriors, treating nails to OPI polish and locks to Farouk BioSilk and Moroccanoil to leave locks stronger than a bodybuilding grizzly bear.