What You'll Get
Pasta became a staple of Italian fare after Emperor Caligula famously elevated a plate of lasagna to the Roman Senate. Feast on political recipes with today's Groupon for a three-course Italian meal at Fratelli La Bufala in Miami Beach. This Groupon expires on November 30. Choose from the following options:
- For $37, you get a meal for two (up to a $79 total value) that includes the following:
- One appetizer to share (up to a $16 value).
- Two entrees (up to a $27 value each).
- One dessert to share (up to a $9 value).
- For $69, you get a meal for four (up to a $158 total value) that includes the following:
- Two appetizers to share (up to a $16 value each).
- Four entrees (up to a $27 value each).
- Two desserts to share (up to a $9 value each).
- For $99, you get a meal for six (up to a $237 total value) that includes the following:
- Three appetizers to share (up to a $16 value each).
- Six entrees (up to a $27 value each).
- Three desserts to share (up to a $9 value each).
Both nature and the mighty buffalo serve as inspiration for Fratelli La Bufala's fully loaded menu of pastas, pizzas, and desserts prepared with premium ingredients, including tender buffalo meat and authentic Italian cheeses. Kick off an evening of fork fencing and 19th-century-slur slinging with a shared starter, such as bufala carpaccio or the baked il pignatiello, which flaunts honey-drizzled slices of smoked prosciutto wrapped around bufala cacio cheese that's speckled with walnuts. The second course sets mouths upon more than a dozen pasta dishes, including mari e monti, which is tossed with baby octopus and shrimp, or paccheri, which eschews meat in favor of sautéed eggplant, smoked bufala mozzarella, and cherry tomato sauce. Meanwhile, chefs lay thinly sliced bufala steak across a bed of arugula in the sautéed straccetti entree and bake 20 red and white Neapolitan pizzas in a traditional brick oven, which retains much more heat than its modern counterpart, the aluminum-siding oven. To cap off meals, diners cross spoons once more for shared desserts of lemon-flavored ricottina or bufala tiramisu, intermingling the flavors of bufala ricotta and espresso coffee.
Though not published on their regular menu, Fratelli La Bufala offers special appetizers valued up to $16 and entrees valued up to $27.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 30, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Must choose from menu. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Fratelli La Bufala
Known as Miami’s first Neapolitan Pizzeria, Fratelli La Bufala has been open for 13 years in Miami Beach’s historic South of 5th neighborhood. The restaurant sources its products from small local farms in the south of Italy. At Fratelli La Bufala, traditions are key and can be seen in the recipes, atmosphere and concept of the restaurant. The popular traditional Neapolitan pizzas are all made with bufala mozzarella with toppings ranging from artichoke hearts and ham to roasted potatoes and sausage. In addition to the selection of 18 different pizzas on the menu, the restaurant also serves traditional pastas including Lasagna, Gnocchi, Bucatini alla Carbonara and Linguine ai Gamberi.