What You'll Get
Plan Your Free Outing
- Ages: All
- Festival Location: Millennium Park around Cloud Gate, Grant Park, and George Solti Garden
- Parade Location: Parade travels north on South Columbus Drive, beginning at East Balbo Avenue and ending at East Monroe Street
- Time: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. (festival); 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (parade)
- Day: Saturday, October 22
- Good to Know: Teen and adult spectators cannot wear face masks, but face paint is OK. Lawn chairs and large umbrellas are not allowed on the parade route.
Free Kids’ Event: The Halloween Gathering Festival and Parade
Millennium Park comes alive with acrobats, dancers, theater and comedy troupes, musicians, and storytellers during the Halloween Gathering Festival and Parade on Saturday, October 22. The event draws together such famed institutions as The Field Museum, The Art Institute, and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, as well as guilds of artists in a variety of fields, who celebrate the “artist’s holiday” with free creative performances. Kids can scoop up a Ferrara Candy goody bag after a costume parade, dance in the middle of the All Souls Train, make crafts, get their faces painted, and listen to ghost stories. When darkness falls, the parade kicks off, showcasing the talents of the Chicago creative community.
The Fine Print
Groupon is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or a sponsor of this event. This is for informational purposes only. Event info is subject to change. Check with event host for most current info. This is a free event.