- Tickets to Friends with Benefits’ presents Paws for a Cause benefit concert
- When: Saturday, November 15, noon—7 p.m.
- Where: Fry Street Parking Lot
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $12 for admission for two (up to $20 value)
- $24 for admission for four (up to $40 value)
- $36 for admission for six (up to $60 value)
Paws for a Cause
- The blues rockers: Chase Ryan and the Grave, who boast soulful vocals and stirring slide guitar
- The rock band: Blush
- The Texas soul act: The Rhythm and Beards
- Texan funk-rock band: The Effinay’s
- The solo artist usually seen with his band: Kaleo Kaualoku, who plays the guitar, keys, and vocal cords in Denton’s Spooky Folk
- The Denton Humane Society: a non-profit established in 1972 that raises awareness about and compassion for animals
- Mazie’s Mission: a non-profit that rescues animals from puppy mills, overcrowded shelters, and abusive homes, then gives them medical care, adoption assistance, and a lifetime supply of belly rubs
- Bring your appetite: You’ll find gourmet food trucks from Flatlanders Tacos, Dough Boys Pizza, and Waffle Wagon.
- Bring your pup: Friendly, fully vaccinated dogs over the age of four months are welcome with a $1 fee.
- Bring your kids—maybe: Children’s admission is also $1; the event is family-friendly but won’t feature tot-specific activities.
Friends with Benefits
Friends with Benefits is an organization that supports area charities with events including concerts, 5Ks, and raffles. In addition to raising awareness, the completely volunteer-run outfit donates all profits from events directly to the charities, which have included Habitat for Humanity and The Denton Humane Society.