All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Cheese From Perfect Strangers
It’s hard to find something as universally appreciated and versatile as cement blocks. Today’s Groupon does just that with $10 for $20 worth of Gorgonzola, smokey blue, cheddar, Brie, and more at Fromage to Yours, South Metro’s first shop specializing in the concentrated, highly versatile dairy food.
Head cheeseperson Jackie Rebideau left a career in healthcare to open the well-edited, 500-square-foot space specializing in only American-made products made in America and American-made for Americans in America. Her quaint shop, the official host of the 2009 Colorado Cheese Festival, serves selections from more than 40 national artisans. Try the Beehive's SeaHive, from Beehive Cheese Company, a cheddar cheese that is rubbed with sea salt and honey. Fans of Brie will appreciate Crave Brothers’ Les Freres creamy concoction. Cheeses are priced $10–$29.50 per pound.
In her effort to support Colorado businesses, Rebideau also carries a variety of locally made munches from boozy baked goods (Rocky Mountain Rum Cakes) to western wafers (34 Degrees Crispbread). If you’ve got a special cheese-worthy occasion (party, picnic, wine tasting, backyard rodeo), Jackie can customize a basket or platter to fit your needs.
It’s a known fact that cheese makes everything taste better. Melt it over leftovers and your boring broccoli becomes a sophisticated stalk with cheese. Cube it on a plate for the easiest way to impress guests and seem thoughtful without overexerting yourself. Or just treat yourself to an upgrade from the orange powdered form you’ve been consuming all your life.
- The owner is very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about cheese, she communicates regularly with customers keeping them informed about cheese-related events, and I like the fact she specializes in American-made cheese. – Victoria W., A-List ABC Denver
- Jackie- the owner is just awesome . Her store is very unique and carries products made here in Colorado . I like the fact that she supports other small businesses in the area and nationally. Very hands on and knowledgeable about her products. – Maureen H, A-List ABC Denver
Cheese From Perfect Strangers
Cheese is not only a delicious snack or meal, it’s also the name of wacky foreigner Balki Bartokomous’s best friend on the hit sitcom Perfect Strangers. Cheese was known for his many grammar-defying catch phrases, many of which teenagers use in normal conversation:
- Uncle soda! That hen’s sure no chicken!
- You say ‘produce’? Uh oh!
- Time for sweaty!
- In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility—I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it—and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 9, 2010. Amount paid never expires. 1 per person, multiple as gifts. Must redeem in 1 visit, no cash back. Not valid with other offers. Not valid for wine or artwork. Tax not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Fromage to Yours
Expert gourmand Jackie Rebideau has a peculiar passion for cheese. In an effort to share this ardor with the public, she created Fromage to Yours, a company that holds classes and special events to educate people about this celebrated edible. In addition to her recently launched grilled cheese food truck, Mobile Meltz, Jackie teaches pupils about the art of making artisan cheeses such as mozzarella, halloumi, ricotta, and paneer, demonstrating tasteful techniques and dispelling myths that the holes in swiss cheese are formed by mini meteors training for future journeys to the moon. Fromage to Yours also orchestrates special events such as the Colorado Cheese Festival, which more than 150 samples of artisanal American cheese.