Getting out of the house is often hampered by the fact that most houses are located inside a bigger and fancier house. Step outside the house outside your house with today's Groupon to Fun Town in Melbourne. Choose between the following options:
- For $10, you get an all-day pass (a $20 value). The pass includes:
- Unlimited skating and skate rental
- Unlimited laser tag
- Playground admission
- For $99, you get a platinum party package for up to 10 guests (a $200 total value). The package includes:
- One hour at reserved tables
- Two slices of cheese pizza, soft drinks with refills, and one cupcake per guest
- Unlimited skating & skate rental for guests
- One laser-tag game for each guest
- A $2 game card for each guest ($5 for the guest of honor)
- One laser-tag pass and one skating pass per guest for a future visit
- A Fun Town cash-grab experience, a T-shirt, a Mylar balloon, and a birthday photo for the guest of honor
Families flock to the 30,000-square-foot Fun Town to skate and romp their way across attractions all day long. Guests can strap their feet into a pair of roller skates before taking to the hardwood rink and defying friction. The laser-tag arena hosts bouts between electromagnetic gladiators, honing patrons' skills and preparing them for an eventual grudge match against relentless hordes of prisms. Youngsters climb and frolic about in an indoor playground area complete with play houses. Fun Town also sports an arcade, mini bowling lanes, and a full-service café that energizes guests with snacks and jumper cables.
Balloons and decorations await revelers inside Fun Town's Party House, where kids honor birthday boys and girls by singing to them and honor pizza and sweets by devouring them. A private-party hostess coordinates the celebration, allowing parents time to socialize over grown-up topics such as signing contracts and running for Congress. Each invitee gets a chance to stalk wild sensors inside the laser-tag arena and to push and glide across the skating rink. Honorees enjoy special attention, donning a Fun Town T-shirt, posing for a birthday portrait, and enjoying $5 worth of arcade games.
While Fun Town occasionally features specials on its website, today's Groupon still represents the best value for a single all-day pass.
Funtown Family-Center's 30,000-square-foot facility echoes with the shrieks and hollers emanating from kids as they careen across the gleaming hardwood ellipse of the roller rink or beneath the black lights of the laser-tag arena. An inflatable obstacle course and indoor playground quarantines hopping youngsters in between cafe-fare feasts beneath beach murals. An arcade offers a selection of video games, and a personal hostess oversees each Fun Town party, helping wrangle attendees as they launch endeavors fueled by pizza and celebratory cupcakes.