Golf is considered a gentleman’s game due to its emphasis on proper etiquette, color-coordinated outfits, and the removal of all brass knuckles before competition. Suit up for sportsmanship with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $26 for an 18-hole round of golf for one, including cart (up to a $53 value)
- $99 for an 18-hole round of golf for four, including cart (up to a $212 value)
Rates fluctuate throughout the day and week.
Furman University Golf Club
Just across Swan Lake from the Furman University campus lie the 18 holes of the school's golf club, hallowed training grounds that have produced graduates-cum-pro golfers Dottie Pepper and Brad Faxon. The par 72 layout underwent a major renovation in 2008, showcasing an updated version of the same fairways and greens walked by those famous alumni. Players tee off from one of five sets of tees—the tips are painted the school's trademark purple—in their pursuit of true-rolling greens, composed of a hybrid Bermuda grass called Champion.
As a college course, it's only fitting that players can also look to the club for help brushing up on their skills. The onsite driving range presents better opportunities for solo study than putting among the deep recesses of the library stacks, while a cadre of PGA professionals offer their expertise when players need a nudge in the right direction.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 6,994 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 73.4 from the back tees
- Course slope of 127 from the back tees
- Five sets of tees per hole