Like a tongue on a flagpole in February, fusion cuisine results from curiosity and a shortage of popsicles. Rein in restless taste buds with today's Groupon to Fuzian Restaurant in Mount Albert. Choose between the following options:
- For $25, you get an Asian-fusion dinner for two (up to a $51.50 total value) that includes:
- Two entrees (up to a $22 value each)
- One dessert to share (up to a $7.50 value)
- For $48, you get an Asian-fusion dinner for four (up to a $103 total value) that includes:
- Four entrees (up a $22 value each)
- Two desserts to share (up to a $7.50 value each)
The chefs at Fuzian Restaurant reinterpret the menu’s well-known dishes from all over Asia—including favourites from China, Thailand, Tibet, Japan, and Malaysia—with a Western culinary approach. In a Sri Lankan tradition, tiger shrimp pull on a savoury blanket of white-curry sauce ($20), and 7 ounces of grilled duck breast sports an aromatic reduction of lemongrass and berries ($22). Combining Asian and Creole cuisine, the vegetarian jambalaya awakens taste buds with flavours from the Deep South ($18). To finish, mouths can cool off from their workouts by indulging in a slice of Fuzian's cheesecake ($7.50) or dipping tongues in ice-baths.
Though not included in today's Groupon, Fuzian shakes and stirs almost 50 martinis ($7.85) from standard classics to a root-beer float, which blends vanilla vodka, root-beer schnapps, and cream. At Thursday Night Martini Jams, the restaurant offers discount martinis while diners listen to live music from 8 p.m. until late, catering to night owls and off-duty raccoons.