Golf, Skiing, and Water Park at Expansive Resort and Spa
From the summit of The Mountain Top, skiers can survey much of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa’s sprawling, 1,300-acre property. Three miles from the shores of Geneva Lake, the AAA Four Diamond resort livens up vacations with two championship golf courses, an indoor water park, and 18 ski runs that zigzag down the slopes.
During downtime, deluxe courtside or lakeside rooms offer a restful haven in the resort’s ranch-style lodge, inspired by architect Frank Lloyd Wright. A bevy of restaurants cater to different tastes, from the signature fillet medallions at the ChopHouse to handmade pasta with lobster from Ristoranté Brissago, which imports fresh mozzarella, wine, and bespoke suits from Italy on the weekly. Two cafés and a pair of bars and grills offer casual dining alternatives.
Between Grand Geneva's two award-winning golf courses, The Brute challenges even the most accomplished players, whereas the Jack Nicklaus–designed Highlands course accommodates higher handicaps. After scaling the 35-foot rock-climbing wall or playing tennis in the indoor sports complex, guests can unwind at the WELL Spa + Salon. Indoor and outdoor hot tubs bubble year-round at TimberRidge Waterpark, a sprawling facility with a lazy river and twisting waterslides.
Lake Geneva: Where Mansions Meet Watersports
Once a haven for Chicago's captains of industry, residents of Lake Geneva lived large in the 1920s in their mansions along the lake’s shoreline. Some of those mansions still stand today, including the Queen Anne–style Black Point, open for public tours by land or boat. Such homes and history have lent Lake Geneva the nickname “the Hamptons of the Midwest.”
Charming shops and brunch spots line Lake Geneva’s downtown, but the real draw is Geneva Lake itself. Visitors can take in a lake sunset from Flatiron Park, or hop aboard one of Lake Geneva Cruise Line's old-fashioned steamboats in the warmer months. The line offers a range of public tours, including the U.S. Mailboat Tour, a first-hand look at the last remaining marine mail-delivery system in the country. Mailpersons leap onto the docks to quickly stuff mailboxes before the mailboat floats away and they're forced to hitch a ride on the UPS dinghy.
What You Get
A one-night stay for up to four in a deluxe courtside room with two ski-lift tickets or two rounds of golf
- $109, valid Sunday–Thursday
- $125, valid Friday
A one-night stay for up to four in a deluxe lakeside room with two ski-lift tickets or two rounds of golf
- $139, valid Sunday–Thursday
- $155, valid Friday
Ski season runs through March 11 or until the hill closes, and golf typically begins in early April, weather permitting.
Amenities and Room Details
- Two award-winning golf courses
- 18 downhill skiing slopes and terrain park
- Three restaurants and a café
- Onsite WELL Spa + Salon
- Fitness center with rock climbing and sports courts
- Complimentary electric-car charging station
How To Book
- Purchase Groupon.
- Call Grand Geneva Resort & Spa.
- Choose a date prior to 4/30/12.
- Mention your Groupon and provide your credit-card info.
- One king or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2 or 4
- Maximum occupancy: 3 or 4
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge, but rollaways are an additional fee.
- 37-inch LCD flat-screen TVs and TV embedded in the bathroom mirror
- Free WiFi
- Private balcony or patio
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Resort fee includes: high-speed Internet access; onsite transportation in a trolley or van; in-room bottled water (two per night); access to the fitness center; all local, calling-card, and toll-free telephone calls; in-room coffee; newspaper available in lobby each day; incoming facsimile messages; and overnight parking
- Parking: included in resort fee
- Rollaways: available for $15 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 25 pounds may be added for $35 per stay.
- Accesibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: not available
What It's Worth
A one-night stay for up to four in a deluxe courtside room
- $109, valid Sunday–Thursday (up to a $159 value)
- $125, valid Friday (up to a $179 value)
A one-night stay for up to four in a deluxe lakeside room
- $139, valid Sunday–Thursday (up to a $189 value)
- $155, valid Friday (up to a $189 value)
Included in both options:
- Two ski-lift tickets or two rounds of golf (up to $138 value)
Total value: up to $327
- By plane: 11 miles from Burlington Municipal Airport (KBUU)
- By cab: about $23 from KBUU
- By car: about 57 miles southwest of Milwaukee; about 80 miles northwest of Chicago
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Apr 30, 2012. Amount paid never expires.
- Must travel by 4/30/12
- Not valid 2/17, 3/9, 3/13-3/14, 3/16, 4/19-4/20, or 4/27
- Limit 3 per person
- Limit 3 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Subject to availability
- 72hr cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price may apply
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Must sign waiver
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Not valid for existing reservations or groups
- $15 resort fee per day and 8.5% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.