Top Reasons to Visit Ramada Plaza Hagerstown
- There are nine museums within 30 minutes of the hotel. If you see only one, make it the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts, which primarily showcases rotating exhibits of 19th- and 20th-century American art, though past collections have included Rodin sculptures and Whistler paintings.
- You can shop for discounted wares from leading brands such as Kate Spade New York and Restoration Hardware at Hagerstown Premium Outlets, located 5 miles from the hotel. There's also a handful of antique dealers nearby.
- Civil War buffs might remember that Hagerstown sits near Antietam National Battlefield, the site of the first major battle of the Civil War. It halted General Robert E. Lee and the Confederate Army's first invasion into the North in 1862.
- Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the hotel's Fireside Restaurant & Lounge is known for its Maryland-style crab cakes and prime-rib dinners. Guests can use their $15 dining credit toward broiled North Atlantic haddock ($15.95) or an 8-ounce sirloin steak ($16.95).
- The Ramada serves a deluxe complimentary breakfast every morning that features two hot items in addition to danishes and bagels or make your own waffles and pastries.
- You can hit the slopes at nearby Whitetail Resort; afterward, feel free to unwind at the hotel's heated indoor pool.