Top 7 Reasons to Stay at Ramada Plaza Louisville:
- Downtown Louisville is less than a 15-minute drive away, and you'll be close to shopping malls and restaurants.
- Louisville is famous for its Kentucky Derby racetrack, Churchill Downs, which is 15 miles away from the hotel.
- Ramada Plaza Louisville is located just off I-64.
- There's an Italian restaurant onsite. A coffee shop for morning lattes and a bar are also on the property.
- The hotel has a free airport shuttle.
- The bedroom areas at Ramada Plaza Louisville were completely renovated in 2011
- Kids will love the arcade and game room.
Louisville, Kentucky: Historical Southern City on the Banks of the Ohio River
Every year on the first weekend in May, throngs of well-dressed folks descend on Louisville, headed to Churchill Downs to witness the country's most iconic horserace, the Kentucky Derby. While the derby lasts only a few days, the track hosts other horseraces throughout much of the year and operates a museum seven days a week. Every Thursday evening in October, you can check out the popular Horses and Haunts walking tour, during which guides tell chilling tales of the ghosts around the track.
Another Louisville mainstay is the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, where you can take a 25-minute guided tour through the bat-making factory. The attached museum boasts a six-story bat out front—the largest bat in the world. You can learn more about the manufacturing process with interactive exhibits and take up an opportunity to stare down a 90 mph fastball. Post-tour, each visitor receives a miniature souvenir bat to swat away falling acorns.