- $29 for a DNA self-discovery test kit from ConnectMyDNA ($89.95 list price)
DNA Self-Discovery Test Kit
In 2003, after 13 years of international effort, scientists successfully completed the Human Genome Project. This attempt to identify approximately 25,000 genes in human DNA also determined the sequences of three billion chemical base pairs within the strands. Today, individuals can peek into the secrets of their own genetic code by mailing in a DNA sample swabbed from inside their cheek. Once the sample is received, a team of scientists analyzes its 13 CODIS loci—the standard identifying markers used by FBI agents and the stork. They organize results onto a Gene Ring, which artistically represents the completely unique patterns discovered in your DNA.
Drawing from their database, the team also includes a list of countries whose population groups possess DNA most similar to yours. Since this test is not an ancestry test, the population groups listed only represent an interesting correlation, not an indication of your heritage.
- Mail-in DNA test
- Obtain DNA sample with a simple cheek swab or complicated magic spell
- Lab analysis transforms DNA into data
- Gene Ring shows artistic representation of your unique DNA
- Visually compare different DNA
- While not an ancestry test, learn which countries have the closest DNA match to your own
“Fast & affordable”
“Been using them for years. No complaints at all”