See Beijing and Shanghai and Cruise Past Gorges on the Yangtze River
All trips include:
- Round-trip airfare on Air China
- Three nights at 4-star Doubletree by Hilton Beijing
- Five-day/four-night Yangtze River Cruise on Victoria Selina or Victoria Katarina. Cruise includes a free upgrade to the executive superior cabin with a-la-carte meals, luxury amenities, and free happy hours.
- Three nights standard accommodation at 4.5-star Shanghai JC Mandarin Hotel
- China domestic airfares: Beijing-Yichang, Chongqing-Shanghai
- Daily breakfast at the hotel; three daily meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) on the cruise
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Round trip airport transfers in each city
- Orientation tour in each city <p>
Click here to view the full itinerary.
Days 1–4: Beijing
Accommodations: DoubleTree Hilton (4 stars)
- After settling in, you can spend all of Day 2 exploring Beijing, a massive city that mixes futuristic skyscrapers and centuries-old temples and palaces. You can take an optional side tour to check out the Great Wall, considered one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- During this leg of the trip, you’ll take a guided tour of top Beijing attractions, including Tiananmen Square, one of the largest city squares. Once the gateway to the Imperial Palace, the square is home to the National Museum of China, Chairman Mao’s memorial, and the Monument to People’s Heroes, a granite obelisk that stands nearly 10 stories tall. You’ll also cruise past Olympic venues from the 2008 Summer Games. <p>
Days 5–8: Yangtze River Cruise
- A brief flight takes you south to Yichang, where you’ll board The Victoria Selina or Victoria Katarina for a four-day cruise to visit small towns and gorges along the Yangtze River. You’ll see the massive Three Gorges Dam, which will soon serve as a major source of hydro-electric power in China.
- Next, in Wushan, the tour takes a side trip to the Lesser Three Gorges. The river here is bordered by lush green mountainsides and rock caves. Later, at Wu Gorge, you’ll get views of 12 peaks shrouded in mist. <p>
Days 9–12: Shanghai
Accommodations: Shanghai JC Mandarin Hotel (4.5 stars)
- In Shanghai, China’s largest city, futuristic skyscrapers cast a bright, neon glow over the banks of the Yangtze River.
- Your tour takes you to the Shanghai Musuem and its collection of more than 100,000 artifacts and artwork from throughout Chinese history
- Another highlight of this leg: the Bund, a riverside area dotted with ornate Baroque, Gothic, and Romanesque architecture.
- You can sign up for an optional excursion to the Lujiazui Finance and Trade Development Zone or attend a dinner and Chinese acrobatics show.
- Before heading back home, you can enjoy Shanghai at leisure on Day 11 or take an optional tour of the bridges and pagodas perched above water in the village of Suzhou. <p>
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Please call Affordable Asia at 888-737-2742 for price quote.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you have the option to extend your trip after the tour ends in Shanghai during the online booking process. Subject to availability.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation online with AffordableAsia.com as soon as possible before 9/20/13.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three total. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply to children under 12 years old during the booking process. Please contact Affordable Asia for details.