Visit Bangkok's Bustling Epicenter and Lounge on Phuket's Beaches
Bangkok's sparkling skyscrapers and Buddhist temples characterize Thailand's dichotomy—a rich blend of fast-paced modernism and deep-seated tradition. During this vacation, you'll split your time between the city of Bangkok and Phuket, an island in the Andaman Sea. An English-speaking tour guide will be on hand to acquaint you with each destination, but you'll be free to explore the surroundings at your own pace. See the full itinerary here. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Houston (IAH), or New York (JFK) via Air China
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- 4 nights of standard accommodations at the Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
- Seven breakfasts and one lunch
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Round-trip airport transfers in each city
- Orientation tour in each city
Days 1–5: Bangkok
On day 2 you'll arrive in Thailand's capital—a whirlwind of gold-flecked temples, neon-lit nightclubs, and outdoor markets. Locals zip down the narrow streets in colorful tuk tuk carts. For a change of pace, hire a long-tail boat to take you on a scenic float down Bangkok's winding canals.
- Grand Palace: Topped with golden spires, this complex sprawls across more than 200,000 square feet. Its pièce de résistance is the Emerald Buddha statue carved from a single slab of jade.
- Reclining Buddha: At Bangkok's oldest temple, Wat Pho, you'll find another Buddha statue, this one stretching out more than 150 feet in length.
- Orchids after midnight: Colorful blooms fill the air with a heady aroma at Pak Khlong Talat, a market that stays open all night.
Days 6–9: Phuket
A short flight on day 6 will bring you southwest to the island of Phuket. The seaside locale makes Phuket a prime spot for snorkeling and scuba diving to glimpse leopard sharks and rare sea turtles. You'll spend 3 nights taking in views of the water at the luxe Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach and return to the United States on day 10.
- Khao Lak-Lam Ru National Park: Hike through dense mangrove swamps and past crashing waterfalls, or ride a motorbike down unspoiled beaches. Macaques and flying lemurs call the diverse landscape home.
- Wat Phra Thong: Phuket has its own golden Buddha here, though you can only see its head and torso. Legend has it that illness will befall those who try to unearth the gilded statue.
- Phi Phi Islands: See these beautiful nearby islands with an optional day tour for an additional fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Alternate departure gateways available based on airline availability, surcharge may apply. Please call Affordable Asia Tours at 888-737-2742 to find out the exact price.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you have the option to extend your trip.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three total. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply to children under 12 years old during the booking process. Please contact Affordable Asia Tours for details.