What You Get
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
- Call Affordable Asia at (888) 737-2742 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
- All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $750 fee to travel solo.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
Know Before You Go
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Passports must be valid for at least six months after the date of travel, and contain at least two blank visa pages.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department’s website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- Official language: standard Mandarin (Taiwan) and Thai (Thailand)
- Currency: New Taiwan dollar (Taiwan) and Thai baht (Thailand)
- One Groupon per person
See Vibrant Cities & Sprawling Jungles on Thailand and Taiwan Tour
On this 13-day tour, you’ll delve into two of Asia’s great modern metropolises. You’ll start in Bangkok, Thailand’s capital city, home to a dazzling assortment of temples and statues, including the Emerald Buddha. Carved from a single block of jade, this figure is one of Thailand’s most sacred treasures—and just one of the many marvels you’ll see during your trip. You’ll end in Taipei, Taiwan’s cosmopolitan capital, where you’ll visit the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial and the National Palace Museum, which boasts a collection of more than half a million Chinese artifacts. See the full itinerary and all optional tours here. All options include:
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- New York (JFK)
- Houston (IAH)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Affordable Asia at (888) 737-2742.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (11 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 4 nights of accommodations at the 5-star Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok or similar in Bangkok
- 1 night of accommodations at Felix River Kwai Resort or similar in River Kwai
- 1 night of accommodations at the 4-star Krungsri River Hotel or similar in Ayutthaya
- 2 nights of accommodations at the 4-star Long Beach Garden Hotel & Spa or similar in Pattaya
- 3 nights of accommodations at the 4-star Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei or similar in Taipei
Attractions & Meals
- Daily breakfast
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Sightseeing per itinerary
- The River Kwai: Visit the famous bridge over the River Kwai, built in 1943 by POWs during World War II. On the way, you’ll stop at the oft-photographed Damnern Saduak Floating Market.
- Historic city of Ayutthaya: Your trip includes a visit to this former Siamese capital, where the ruins of temples, statues, and palace dating back to the 14th century display exquisite architecture.
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- See Bangkok’s Grand Palace and boat along the Chao Phraya River ($60/person).
- Ride an elephant through the jungle and then sail on a bamboo raft down the River Kwai ($50/person).
- Take an evening sightseeing tour in Taipei with a visit to Taipei 101, one of the world’s tallest buildings ($47/person).
- Enjoy an authentic Thai dinner with traditional dance performance in Bangkok ($40/person).
- In Pattaya, enjoy a Thai seafood feast before getting swept up in an extravagant cabaret show ($50/person).
- Sail around Coral Island, swimming in turquoise water and snorkeling among schools of colorful fish ($35/person).
- Take a dinner cruise around Ayutthaya on a rice barge ($40/person).
- Dig into a buffet feast aboard a luxury cruiser on the Chao Phraya ($50/person).
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1–2: Fly from USA to Taipei, where you’ll connect to Bangkok
- Day 3: Spend the day on a guided tour of Bangkok.
- Day 4: Full day at leisure in Bangkok, or take an optional boat ride.
- Day 5: Visit a floating market en route to the Bridge over the River Kwai
- Day 6: Tour the historic Siamese capital of Ayutthaya
- Day 7: Head to the Thai beach town of Pattaya
- Day 8: Day at leisure in Pattaya, or take optional Coral Island tour
- Day 9: Spend day at leisure before heading back to Bangkok for the night.
- Day 10: Board a flight to Taipei
- Day 11: Take a half-day sightseeing tour of Taipei.
- Day 12: Explore Taipei on your own, or take an optional Taroko Gorge tour
- Day 13: Fly back to USA.
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to the My Groupons section of your account and select View Voucher for Affordable Asia contact and redemption instructions. Book by 12/21/16.
Each person must buy a Groupon; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $750 fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Alternate departure gateways available based on airline availability, surcharge may apply. Please call Affordable Asia Tours at 888-737-2742 to find out the exact price.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you have the option to extend your trip at the end of the tour for a supplemental deviation fee.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? The maximum number of adults that can stay in one room is two. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply during the booking process. Children must be under 12 years old at time of travel. Please contact Affordable Asia for details.
- Promotional value expires Dec 22, 2016. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 12/21/16 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- $200 fee for 60 days or earlier cancellation notice, $300 for 30–59 days advance notice, $500 fee for 15–29 days advance notice, $1,000 fee for 3–14 days advance notice, fee up to Groupon price within 48 hours of the departure date
- Additional airline cancellation fees may apply
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Not all tours are handicapped accessible, please contact Affordable Asia at (888) 737-2742 to confirm
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S
- Check the State Department’s website for entry/exit requirements
- $750 fee to travel solo
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.