10-Day Vacation in Bangkok and Phuket
See Buddhist temples, historic sites, and gorgeous beaches on this 10-day vacation Thailand. An English-speaking tour guide will lead one tour in Bangkok and one in Phuket; the rest of the time is yours to visit famous landmarks and embark on optional side trips. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from LAX, SFO, IAH, or JFK
- 1-night overnight flight
- 4 nights of standard accommodations at the five-star Pullman Bangkok Hotel G or similar in Bangkok
- 4 nights of standard accommodations at the four-star Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach or similar in Phuket
- Fuel surcharges
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Daily breakfast
Days 1–5: Overnight Flight and Bangkok
On day 2 you’ll arrive in Thailand’s capital—a whirlwind of gold-flecked temples, neon-lit nightclubs, and outdoor markets. For a change of pace, hire a long-tail boat to take you on a scenic float down the city’s winding canals. During day 3’s included tour you’ll stop at Wat Traimit to see a solid-gold Buddha statue that weighs in at a staggering 10,000 pounds.
- Reclining Buddha: At Bangkok’s oldest temple, Wat Pho, you’ll find a Buddha statue stretching out more than 150 feet in length.
- Orchids after midnight: Colorful blooms fill the air with a heady aroma at Pak Khlong Talat, a market that stays open all night.
- Optional tours: a night-market visit with a classical-dance show and dinner ($40/person; day 3); a landmark tour with a boat ride ($60/person; day 4); and visits to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and the River Kwai with elephant trekking and bamboo rafting ($75/person; day 5)
Days 6–10: Phuket and Departure
A 90-minute flight will bring you to Thailand’s largest island—home to white-sand beaches and stunning snorkeling and scuba-diving sites. A tour on day 6 will acquaint you with Phuket, where you’ll enjoy a tropical climate from the sparkling waterfront to the inland mountains. Depending on your assigned airline, you’ll fly home either in the morning or the late evening on day 10.
- Khao Lak-Lam Ru National Park: Hike through dense mangrove swamps and past crashing waterfalls, or ride a motorbike down unspoiled beaches. Macaques and flying lemurs are among the animal inhabitants.
- Optional excursion to Phang Nga Bay and James Bond island with lunch ($50/person; day 7)
- Phi Phi Islands: The limestone cliffs and pristine beaches on these islands southeast of Phuket were featured in the Leonardo DiCaprio film The Beach. You can visit the site on an optional speedboat tour ($95/person; day 8).
Know Before You Go
- Official language: Thai
- Currency: Thai baht
- Drive on the left side of the road.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you have the option to extend your trip.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
3. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
4. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three total. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply during booking process. Children must be under 12 years old at time of travel. Please contact Affordable Asia for details.