10-Day, Four-City China Tour with Stops at Beijing, Suzhou, and Shanghai
The tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), or New York (JFK) on Air China
- China domestic airfare from Beijing to Xian and Xian to Shanghai
- 3 nights’ standard accommodations at DoubleTree Hilton Beijing
- 2 nights’ standard accommodations at Grand Noble Xian
- 1 night standard accommodations at Pan Pacific Suzhou Hotel
- 2 nights’ standard accommodations at Shanghai JC Mandarin Hotel
- Daily breakfast and some meals included (per itinerary)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Fuel surcharge and taxes
- Round-trip airport transfers in each city
- Orientation tour in each city<p>
View the full itinerary here.
Other departure cities may be available for an additional fee, subject to availability at the time of booking. An optional extended stay in Shanghai is subject to availability at the time of booking and may incur additional costs.
Days 1–4: Beijing
Beijing is not only as China’s capital, but also one of its oldest and largest cities, a bustling metropolis with roots to the 11th century BC. After the overnight flight to Beijing lands on Day 2, you’ll spend Day 3 touring this ancient city.
Take in the sights at iconic Tiananmen Square, one of the world’s largest city squares. This landmark has been the site of several significant imperial ceremonies and social uprisings. See the Monument of the People’s Heroes, which pays homage to fallen Chinese shoulders with its imposing granite and marble figure.
The final day in Beijing is set aside for you to explore the city at your leisure.
Optional tours: Roam the Forbidden City, which for centuries was strictly off limits to non-royalty, or spend Day 4 heading up to the Great Wall of China (optional tours have extra fees).
Days 5–6: Xian
A brief flight takes you to the ancient city of Xian, where you can get a feel for China’s rich history. The 3,000-year-old city is rife with ancient relics and monuments, as well as the remnants of its imposing city wall. The Drum and Bell Towers rise in the heart of Xian; these colorful structures have massive bronze bells and drums that once heralded the changing of the guard. At night, lights illuminate the buildings, creating a dazzling photo opportunity.
Optional tour: Come face-to-face with the Terra Cotta Army, which protects the mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang, China’s first emperor (extra fees).
Days 7–10: Suzhou and Shanghai
En route to Shanghai, you’ll spend two days exploring Suzhou, called the “Venice of the East” for its elaborate gardens and meandering canals. The tour will stop at the Panmen Gate scenic area, visiting the Auspicious Luster Pagoda, the Water-and-Land City Gate, and the Wumen Bridge. The tour will then visit the Master of the Nets Garden, an exquisitely designed garden and pond surrounded by classical architecture.
You’ll end your visit to China with a stop in Shanghai, which presents a stark contrast to Suzhou’s placid waterways. Shanghai is the world’s largest city and thrives as China’s financial hub. Along the Huangpu River and especially in the Bund financial district, you’ll see contemporary skyscrapers and examples of Gothic classical and Romanesque architecture.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
LAX, SFO, and JFK gateways offer direct nonstop flights to Beijing. Travelers departing from other cities will need to purchase add-on flights to one of the default gateways.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you have the option to extend your trip after the tour ends in Shanghai during the online booking process.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation online as soon as possible before 9/30/13.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three total. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply to children under 12 years old during the booking process. Please contact Affordable Asia Tours for details.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.