10-Day Tour of China and Hong Kong
This 10-day tour travels to some of the largest cities on earth. You’ll tour Beijing and Shanghai before dashing off to Hong Kong. Along the way, you’ll have some free time to take in the sights on your own or participate in optional tours.
The tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Beijing
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the Royal Pacific Hotel and Towers in Hong Kong
- Domestic airfare from Beijing to Shanghai and from Shanghai to Hong Kong
- Daily breakfast
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Round-trip airport transfers in each city
- Orientation tour in each city
- Extended stay in Hong Kong is available and subject to availability at the time of booking, and may incur additional costs.<p>
See more information and a detailed itinerary here.<p>
Days 1–4: Beijing
The trip kicks off with a tour of China’s bustling capital city and the 2008 Olympic sites. During your three nights here, you’ll have some free time and the chance to take an optional tour of the Great Wall.
- Tiananmen Square has been the site of pivotal political and social moments in Chinese history; a gate leads to the famed Forbidden City.
- Monument to the People’s Heroes: Located in the heart of Tiananmen Square, this 130-foot granite obelisk commemorates those who have lost their lives defending their country.
Days 5–7: Shanghai
The next leg of the tour brings you to bustling Shanghai along the Yangtze River. An optional side trip explores the canals and gardens of nearby Suzhou.
- The Shanghai Musuem houses an extensive collection of ancient jade and bronze artifacts, Buddhist sculptures, and thousands of early Chinese coins.
- City God Temple, which dates back to the 15th century, features ornate pavilions and teahouses. Outside, vendors hawk incense, jewelry, and candy.
- The Bund: dozens of historical buildings in more than 50 architectural styles—including Baroque, Gothic, and Romanesque—lining the Huangpu River
Days 8–10: Hong Kong
The final two days are dedicated to exploring Hong Kong’s Victoria Peak and a floating seafood market in the fishing village of Aberdeen.
- Victoria Peak: Take a cable car more than 1,000 feet up the mountainside to see sweeping views of Victoria Harbor and Hong Kong’s skyscrapers.
- Stanley Market: an array of boutiques and stalls selling colorful silk garments and handmade jewelry<p>
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Alternate departure gateways available based on airline availability, surcharge may apply. Please call Affordable Asia Tours at 888-737-2742 to find out the exact price.<p>
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you have the option to extend your trip.<p>
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.<p>
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.<p>
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three total. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply to children under 12 years old during the booking process. Please contact Affordable Asia Tours for details.<p>