12-Day Hong Kong & China Tour
This tour from Affordable Asia is as comprehensive as a 12-day visit to China can be, with stops in Shanghai, Beijing, Xi’an, and Hong Kong. You can take advantage of the optional tours to see three of China’s most beloved landmarks: the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City, and the terra-cotta warriors of Xi’an. All trips include:
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Houston (IAH)
- New York (JFK)
- China domestic airfares from
- Beijing to Xi’an
- Xi’an to Shanghai
- Shanghai to Hong Kong
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Affordable Asia at (888) 737-2742.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (10 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Beijing or similar in Beijing
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Grand Noble Hotel Xi’an or similar in Xi’an
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel or similar in Shanghai
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at The Kowloon Hotel or similar in Hong Kong
Attractions & Meals
- Daily breakfast
- Entrance fees per itinerary included
- Professional English-speaking guide
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Upgrade to Executive Floor Room at Beijing hotel ($89/person)
- Forbidden City tour with transfer ($28/person)
- Great Wall and Sacred Way tour with lunch and transfer ($49/person)
- Terracotta Warriors, First Qin Emperor’s Mausoleum, and Big Wild Goose Pagoda tour with lunch and transfer ($55/person)
- Dumpling banquet ($28/person)
- Tang Dynasty dinner show with transfer ($59/person)
- Upgrade to Club Executive Room at Shanghai hotel ($90/person)
- Lujiazui FTDZ & Huang Pu River cruise ($25/person)
- Chinese acrobatic show with transfer after dinner ($40/person)
- Suzhou full-day tour with lunch and transfer ($62/person)
- China Discovery Best Seller Value Pack (Great Wall, Terracotta Warriors day, and Suzhou tour) ($139/person)
Find out more about tours and upgrades here.
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: Depart for Beijing
- Day 2: Arrive, and overnight, in Beijing
- Day 3: Beijing city tour, and optional Forbidden City excursion
- Day 4: Day at leisure in Beijing, or optional Great Wall excursion
- Day 5: Fly to Xian; driving tour and optional dumpling banquet
- Day 6: Day at leisure in Xian, or optional Terracotta Warriors excursion
- Day 7: Fly to, and overnight in, Shanghai
- Day 8: Shanghai Museum and Nanjing River tour, or optional tours and activities
- Day 9: Day at leisure in Shanghai, or optional Suzhou water village excursion
- Day 10: Fly to Hong Kong; day at leisure
- Day 11: City tour of Hong Kong
- Day 12: Depart for the United States
See a detailed itinerary here.
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to the My Groupons section of your account and select View Voucher for Affordable Asia contact and redemption instructions. Book by 12/28/16.
Each person must buy a Groupon; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional fee to travel solo: $600 for January and February 2017, $650 for March–June 2017, and $750 for July 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Alternate departure gateways available based on airline availability, surcharge may apply. Please call Affordable Asia Tours at (888) 737-2742 to find out the exact price.
2) Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you have the option to extend your trip in China at the end of the tour for a supplemental deviation fee of $60 per person. Airport transfer out and hotel accommodations not included.
3) How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
4) What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
5) Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply during the booking process. Children must be under 12 years old at time of travel. Please contact Affordable Asia for details.