What You Get
- 10-day/8-night tour of Japan and Beijing with airfare
- 66 options available, including departures in January, February, April, May, June, July, August, September, and October 2016 from LAX, IAH, and JFK.
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional fee to travel solo: $650 for January–February 2016, $700 for April 2016, and $750 for May–October 2016. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 12/9/15
- Cancellation policy & fees: $200 fee for 60 days or earlier cancellation notice, $300 for 30–59 days advance notice, $500 fee for 15–29 days advance notice, $1,000 fee for 3–14 days advance notice, fee up to Groupon price for cancellations within 48 hours of the departure date. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
10-Day Tour of Japan and Beijing
This 10-day tour of Japan and Beijing takes you to gold-flecked Buddhist temples, Mount Fuji, and Tiananmen Square. We’ve highlighted some of our favorite stops below, but you’ll have plenty of leisure time to explore on your own or take optional side tours. For a more detailed itinerary, click here. This tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), Houston (IAH), or New York (JFK)
- 2 nights of accommodations at Hotel East 21 Tokyo or similar in Tokyo
- 1 night of accommodations at Tominoko Hotel or similar in Mount Fuji area
- 2 nights of accommodations at the 4-star Westin Miyako Kyoto or similar in Kyoto
- 3 nights of accommodations at the 4-star DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Beijing or similar in Beijing
- Transportation between each city
- Daily breakfast
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Orientation tour in each city
Days 1–4: Tokyo and Mount Fuji
An overnight flight takes you to Tokyo, Japan’s capital and the world’s most populous city. Day 3 kicks off with a half-day tour of the most famous landmarks, including the trendy Ginza shopping district and the palace of the imperial family. This leg of the trip comes to a close with a visit to Mount Fuji on Day 4.
- Senso-ji: One of Tokyo’s oldest temples features a five-story pagoda set amid stalls where you can buy traditional Japanese dishes and handcrafted souvenirs.
- See views from 7,500 feet on an aerial tram that takes passengers up Mount Fuji.
- Cruise on Lake Ashi to snap scenic pics of Mount Fuji as reflected on the surface of the water.
Days 5–7: Mount Fuji Area and Kyoto
Next, the tour moves to Japan’s erstwhile capital city, Kyoto. It can feel as though every street corner in town has an elaborate temple, shrine, or garden—the city is rumored to have more than 1,000 Buddhist temples alone. Elsewhere, local marketplaces and restaurants continue the traditions of old Japan. After checking out some of the sacred sites, you’ll have free time before boarding a flight for Beijing.
- Nijo Castle: A network of moats and ancient stone walls protects the pagoda-style buildings of this UNESCO World Heritage Site where several shoguns once lived.
- Golden Pavilion: The dazzling exterior is covered in gold leaf that reflects off a placid pond below. Tour the grounds to see sprawling gardens and intimate teahouses. If you spot a statue in the gardens, toss a coin in its direction for good luck.
- Kiyomizu Temple: No nails were used during the rebuilding of this eighth-century structure in the 1600s—and that’s just the start of the property’s magical qualities. There’s also a waterfall that visitors drink from to gain long life and prosperity. Drinking straws are not included.
- Optional Nara and Osaka tour: Visit Nara’s Great Eastern Temple and the monumental Osaka Castle during this daylong excursion (Day 6; $80/person).
Days 8–10: Beijing
Beijing’s rich history is ever present. While strolling the streets, you’ll see ornate temples, ancient alleyways lined with shops and teahouses, and open-air markets that have been around for centuries. At the city center stands the Forbidden City, which served as a royal residence to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties. And of course, there’s the Great Wall of China, which winds its way across the landscape north of Beijing. Before your tour comes to a close, you’ll see Qianmen Street and sites from the 2008 Olympics.
- Tiananmen Square: Take a moment at this highly politicized landmark to visit the Monument to the People’s Heroes, a 120-foot obelisk commemorating fallen Chinese soldiers.
- Optional Forbidden City and Palace Museum tour: The former home of the Qing and Ming dynasties includes an incredible 800 buildings with thousands of rooms decked out in priceless artwork, antique furnishings, and precious jade (Day 8; $28/person).
- Optional Great Wall and Sacred Way tour: Don’t pass up a chance to step foot on China’s 4,000-mile landmark, parts of which date back more than 2,000 years (Day 9; $49/person).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you have the option to extend your trip.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
3. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
4. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? The maximum number of adults that can stay in one room is two. One child can stay with two adults in the same room without an extra bed. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply during the booking process. Children must be under 12 years old at the time of travel. Please contact Affordable Asia for more details.
- Promotional value expires Dec 9, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 12/9/15 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- $200 fee for 60 days or earlier cancellation notice, $300 for 30–59 days advance notice, $500 fee for 15–29 days advance notice, $1,000 fee for 3–14 days advance notice, fee up to Groupon price for cancellations within 48 hours of the departure date
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Solo travel fee $650 for January–February 2016, $700 for April 2016, and $750 for May–October 2016.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Japan and Beijing Tour with Airfare from Affordable Asia Tours
- All options include round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), Houston (IAH), New York (JFK), or Newark (EWR); alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for an additional fee.