What You Get
- 10-day/8-night tour of Bangkok and Phuket with airfare
- 58 options available, including departures in October, November, and December 2015 and January, February, March, and April 2016 from LAX, SFO, IAH, and JFK.
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional fee to travel solo: $400 for October–December 2015, and $400 for January–April 2016. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 9/2/15
- Cancellation policy & fees: $200 fee for 60 days or earlier cancellation notice, $300 for 30–59 days advance notice, $500 fee for 15–29 days advance notice, $1,000 fee for 3–14 days advance notice, fee up to Groupon price for notice within 3 days prior to departure. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
Visit Bangkok’s Epicenter and Lounge on Phuket’s Beaches
Bangkok’s sparkling skyscrapers and Buddhist temples characterize Thailand’s dichotomy—a rich blend of fast-paced modernism and deep-seated tradition. During this vacation, you’ll split your time between the city of Bangkok and Phuket, an island in the Andaman Sea. An English-speaking tour guide will be on hand to acquaint you with each destination, but you’ll be free to explore the surroundings at your own pace. This tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from LAX, SFO, IAH, or JFK
- Thailand domestic airfare from Bangkok to Phuket
- 4 nights of standard accommodations at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok or similar
- 4 nights of standard accommodations at Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
- Daily breakfast
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Round-trip airport transfers in each city
- Orientation tour in each city
Days 1–5: Flight and Bangkok
On day 2 you’ll arrive in Thailand’s capital—a whirlwind of gold-flecked temples, neon-lit nightclubs, and outdoor markets. Locals zip down the narrow streets in colorful tuk tuk carts. For a change of pace, hire a long-tail boat to take you on a scenic float down Bangkok’s winding canals.
- Grand Palace: Topped with golden spires, this complex sprawls across more than 200,000 square feet. Its pièce de résistance is the Emerald Buddha statue carved from a single slab of jade.
- Reclining Buddha: At Bangkok’s oldest temple, Wat Pho, you’ll find another Buddha statue, this one stretching out more than 150 feet in length.
- Orchids after midnight: Colorful blooms fill the air with a heady aroma at Pak Khlong Talat, a market that stays open all night.
- Optional tours: classical-dance show with dinner ($40/person); landmark tour with boat ride ($60/person); or floating market, River Kwai, elephant trek, and rafting ($75/person)
Days 6–10: Phuket and Return to United States
A short flight on day 6 will bring you southwest to the island of Phuket. The seaside locale makes Phuket a prime spot for snorkeling and scuba diving to glimpse leopard sharks and rare sea turtles. You’ll spend 4 nights taking in views of the water at the luxe Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach resort and return to the United States on day 10.
- Khao Lak-Lam Ru National Park: Hike through dense mangrove swamps and past crashing waterfalls, or ride a motorbike down unspoiled beaches. You might see macaques and flying lemurs.
- Wat Phra Thong: Phuket has its own golden Buddha here, though you can only see its head and torso. Legend has it that illness will befall those who try to unearth the rest of the statue.
- Optional tours: Phang Nga Bay and James Bond Island with lunch ($50/person), or day trip to Phi Phi Islands with lunch ($95/person)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Alternate departure gateways available based on airline availability, surcharge may apply. Please call Affordable Asia Tours at 888-737-2742 to find out the exact price.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you have the option to extend your trip.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three total. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply during booking process. Children must be under 12 years old at time of travel. Please contact Affordable Asia for details.
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Sep 3, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 9/2/15 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- $200 fee for 60 days or earlier cancellation notice, $300 for 30–59 days advance notice, $500 fee for 15–29 days advance notice, $1,000 fee for 3–14 days advance notice, fee up to Groupon price for notice within 3 days prior to departure
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability. Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Solo travel fee: $400 for October–December 2015, and $400 for January–April 2016
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Tour of Thailand with Airfare from Affordable Asia Tours
- This deal includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Houston (IAH), or New York (JFK); alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for an additional fee.