What You Get
- 10-day/8-night tour of Thailand with airfare
- 70 options available, including departures in January, February, March, April, and May 2016 from LAX, SFO, JFK, IAH, and SEA.
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $475 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 11/4/15
- Cancellation policy & fees: $200 fee for 60 days or earlier cancellation notice, $300 for 30–59 days advance notice, $500 fee for 15–29 days advance notice, $1,000 fee for 3–14 days advance notice, fee up to Groupon price for notice within 3 days prior to departure. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
10-Day Tour of Thailand
See Buddhist temples, historic sites, and gorgeous beaches on this 10-day, four-city tour of Thailand. An English-speaking tour guide will familiarize you with each destination; you’ll also have the chance to visit famous landmarks and embark on optional side trips. This tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), New York (JFK), Houston (IAH), or Seattle (SEA)
- 4 nights of standard accommodations at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok or similar
- 1 night of standard accommodations at Felix River Kwai Resort or similar in Kanchanaburi
- 1 night of standard accommodations at Krungsri River Hotel or similar in Ayutthaya
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Long Beach Garden Hotel & Spa or similar in Pattaya
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Daily breakfast
- Round-trip airport transfers in each city
- Fuel surcharge and tax
Days 1–4: Flight and Bangkok
After a flight from the United States, you’ll arrive in Thailand’s capital city on day 2. Bangkok delivers dazzling diversity, ranging from Buddhist monasteries to floating markets to neon-lit nightclubs. A tour on day 3 includes a stop to see the world’s largest Buddha—a solid-gold statue at Wat Traimit that weighs in at a staggering 10,000 pounds.
- Visit Bangkok’s oldest temple and see a gold-leaf-covered Buddha that sprawls a length of more than 150 feet.
- Taste authentic pad thai at a street stall, where the tasty noodle dish is made on the spot in a searing-hot wok with chili powder.
- Optional excursions: dinner of traditional Thai cuisine along with a live dance performance ($40/person; day 3); a landmark tour with a boat ride ($60/person; day 4)
Day 5: River Kwai
Next, you’ll visit the colorful Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, where a boat will take you past vendors selling fruits, spices, souvenirs, and flowers. Then it’s on to Kanchanaburi and the River Kwai.
- Bridge over the River Kwai: You’ll see the famous railway bridge constructed by Allied prisoners of war under the Japanese army during World War II.
- Pay your respects at the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, the burial site of POWs who died while building the Burma Railway (of which the River Kwai bridge is part).
- Optional tour: Ride an elephant and then a bamboo raft ($50/person, including dinner).
Day 6: Ayutthaya
The one-time capital city of Siam is the next stop on the itinerary. The splendor of the dynasties that ruled here is reflected in ornate towers, temples, monasteries, and palaces.
- Historic ruins: Dating back to 1350, the oldest part of the city—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—features an impressive collection of crumbling Buddhist temples.
- Bang Pa-In Royal Palace: This riverside dwelling of Thai kings features an eclectic blend of European and Asian architectural styles and is surrounded by lush landscaping.
- Optional tour: dinner cruise on a wooden rice barge ($40/person)
Days 7 and 8: Pattaya
On day 7, you’ll journey to the popular beach destination of Pattaya along the Gulf of Thailand. While exploring the city, you’ll take a theme-park ride that shows off the region’s precious gems. The rest of the day is yours to spend however you please.
- Coral Island: On day 8, you can take an optional trip ($35/person) to this speck of paradise. Lie on a white sandy beach or go swimming and snorkeling.
- Take it easy at the hotel, which has beach access, oceanfront dining, spa services, and a huge pool with a waterfall.
- Optional tour: Pattaya by Night with cabaret show and seafood dinner ($50/person; day 7)
Days 9 and 10: Bangkok and Flight Home
You’ll get 1 last day in Bangkok to explore on your own or wrap up the trip with an optional dinner cruise ($50/person) before catching your return flight to the United States.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you have the option to extend your trip.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
3. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
4. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three total. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply during booking process. Children must be under 12 years old at time of travel. Please contact Affordable Asia for details.
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Nov 5, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 11/4/15 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- $200 fee for 60 days or earlier cancellation notice, $300 for 30–59 days advance notice, $500 fee for 15–29 days advance notice, $1,000 fee for 3–14 days advance notice, fee up to Groupon price for notice within 3 days prior to departure
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- $475 fee to travel solo.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Thailand Tour with Airfare from Affordable Asia Tours
- This deal includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), New York (JFK), Houston (IAH), or Seattle (SEA).