11-Day Multi-City Tour of Thailand's Buddhist Temples and Ancient Palaces
This 11-day tour visits four of Thailand's best-known cities, from palaces in Bangkok to exotic zoos near the Gulf of Thailand. In between, you'll have some leisure time and the chance to take part in some optional tours.
This tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee.
- 4 nights standard accommodation at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
- 1 night standard accommodation at Felix River Kwai in Kanchanaburi
- 1 night standard accommodation at Krungsri River Hotel in Ayutthaya
- 2 nights standard accommodation at Long Beach Garden Hotel & Spa in Pattaya
- Daily breakfast and some meals (per itinerary)
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Round trip airport transfers in each city
- Orientation tour in each city
See more information and a detailed itinerary here.
Days 1–4: Bangkok
This tour begins with four nights in Thailand's capital, where you'll tour iconic temples and enjoy accommodations at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok.
- Temple of the Golden Buddha: This towering, 5-ton solid gold Buddha statue was hidden beneath a coat of plaster until the mid-1950s; it's estimated to be some 800 years old.
- Pak Khlong Talat: At this marketplace, baskets overflow with rare orchids, lotus buds, and garlands of fragrant marigolds, known as _ phuang malai_.
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha: See a 150-foot long figure encrusted with gold leaf and mother-of-pearl, which represents the Buddha ascending to nirvana
Day 5: Kanchanaburi
On this leg of the tour, you'll take a train ride across the bridge that goes over the storied River Kwai.
- The Bridge on the River Kwai stands in stead of the original wood bridge, painstakingly built by prisoners of war during World War II and made famous by the movie of the same name.
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery pays homage to the thousands that died building the Bridge on the River Kwai.
Day 6: Ayutthaya
Ruins of ancient Khmer-style temples are found throughout this city, once the capital of ancient Siam and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city's World Heritage Park is home to many of its most significant ruins.
- Bang Pa-In Royal Palace: Built in the 17th century as a summer hideaway for Thai royalty, this waterside complex houses both Buddhist temples and Gothic-style churches.
- Wat Phra Si Sanphet dates back to the 14th century. It features distinctive spires, or prangs, and shelters the remains of Siam kings.
Days 7–8: Pattaya
A bus will take you to the hip coastal city of Pattaya, which overlooks the Gulf of Thailand. You'll spend two nights here before heading back to Bangkok for a final leisure day.
- Sri Racha Tiger Zoo: Stop off in Sri Racha (where the popular hot sauce was invented) to see baby Bengal tigers, ostriches, and elephants up close.
- Theme Park: Dark Ride incorporates dazzling lights and sound to spotlight some of Thailand's precious gems
Guests return to Bangkok for days 9–11, and depart on the morning of day 11.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Alternate departure gateways available based on airline availability, surcharge may apply. Please call Affordable Asia Tours at 888-737-2742 to find out the exact price.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you have the option to extend your trip.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three total. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply to children under 12 years old during the booking process. Please contact Affordable Asia Tours for details.