11-Day Tour of Thailand
See Bangkok’s Buddhist temples, take a train over the River Kwai, and see the ancient capital of Siam on this city-hopping Thailand tour. Along the way, an English-speaking tour guide familiarizes you with each destination, where you’ll have the chance to visit famous sites and embark on optional side trips. Click here to check out the day-by-day itinerary. This tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), Houston (IAH), or New York (JFK)
- 4 nights at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
- 1 night at Felix River Kwai Resort in Kanchanaburi
- 1 night at Krungsri River Hotel in Ayutthaya
- 2 nights at Long Beach Garden Hotel & Spa in Pattaya
- Daily breakfast and some meals (per itinerary)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Round-trip airport transfers in each city
- Orientation tour in each city
After a day’s flight from the United States, you’ll arrive in Thailand’s bustling capital city. Bangkok delivers dazzling diversity, ranging from Buddhist monasteries to floating markets to neon-lit night clubs. Stops include the Grand Palace and an outdoor flower market.
- See the world’s largest Buddha: The solid-gold statue at Wait Traimit weighs in at a staggering 10,000 pounds.
- Visit Bangkok’s oldest temple and see gold-leaf-covered Buddha that sprawls a length of more than 150 feet.
- Optional dinner of traditional Thai cuisine alongside a live dance performance (additional cost)
The Burma-Thailand Railway was built during World War II to link the two neighboring countries. On this leg of the trip, you’ll pass over the River Kwai while traveling along the train’s historic route.
- Bridge on the River Kwai: Immortalized in the 1957 film of the same name, this bridge offers views of the surrounding tree-lined mountains.
- River Kwai War Cemetery commemorates the fallen prisoners of war who built the Burma-Thailand Railway.
- Optional elephant trek: Climb atop an elephant for a 30-minute ride through the forest followed by a bamboo river-raft cruise.
You’ll travel to Ayutthaya next; the city reigned as the capital city of Siam for more than four centuries. You can still see the relics of Siam’s grand palaces and monasteries.
- Bang Pa-In Palace once served as a summer hideaway for Thai kings. The grounds are decorated with gilded thrones and shrubs that have been pruned to resemble rabbits, elephants, and Ross Perot.
- Wat Phra Si Sanphet: Named one of Lonely Planet’s top choices to see, this 14th-century temple’s three conical stone stupas contain the remains of former kings.
- Optional dinner cruise aboard a rice barge (additional cost)
White-sand beaches, a vibrant Chinatown district, and markets full of handmade goods, are highlights of the resort town of Pattaya—your last stop before returning to Bangkok for one day before your flight home.
- Sriracha Tiger Zoo: More than two hundred bengal tigers live within this zoo, located in the town where the world-famous sriracha hot sauce got its name. Live crocodile wrestling and ostrich races are other diversions.
- Optional Coral Island tour: Swim and snorkel off the coast of this lush isle, just a scenic boat ride from Pattaya (additional cost).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Alternate departure gateways available based on airline availability, surcharge may apply. Please call Affordable Asia Tours at 888-737-2742 to find out the exact price.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you have the option to extend your trip.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three total. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply to children under 12 years old during the booking process. Please contact Affordable Asia Tours for details.