What You Get
- 11-day/9-night tour of Thailand and Beijing with airfare from Affordable Asia
- 70 options available, including departures in February, March, April, May, June, July, August, and September 2016 from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Houston (IAH), and New York City (JFK)
- Click here to see all options and departure dates
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional fee to travel solo: $450 (January 2016–May 2016) or $475 (June 2016–October 2016). Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 12/16/15
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to a $200 fee; 59-day notice or $300 fee applies; 29-day notice or $500 fee applies; 14-day notice or $1,000 fee applies; 3-day notice or fee up to the Groupon price applies.
- Taxes: tax included
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
11-Day Tour of Thailand and China
This tour takes you to Bangkok, Ayutthaya, Pattaya, and Beijing, some of Asia’s most popular tourist destinations. The trip includes roundtrip airfare and transportation between cities, so you don’t need to worry about the logistics. Orientation tours with experienced, English-speaking guides help you get your bearings in each city so that you can then explore on your own. Click here to see the full itinerary. This tour includes:
- Roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Houston (IAH), or New York City (JFK)
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok or similar
- 1 night of standard accommodations at Felix River Kwai Resort or similar in Kanchanaburi
- 1 night of standard accommodations at Krungsri River Hotel or similar in Ayutthaya
- 1 night of standard accommodations at Long Beach Garden Hotel & Spa or similar in Pattaya
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Beijing or similar
- Daily breakfast
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Roundtrip airport transfers in each city
- Sightseeing per itinerary
Days 1–4: Flight and Bangkok
Your trip begins with an overnight flight to Thailand’s capital city, Bangkok. Bright and early on day 3, the group pays a visit to the Temple of the Golden Buddha to behold a massive Buddha weighing more than 5 tons. The city’s nearby flower markets overflow with rare orchids, lotuses, and vibrant marigolds—considered lucky charms in Thailand. The day ends with a tour of a silk factory and the Wat Pho temple, home to a reclining Buddha statue. An optional tour ($40/person) includes dinner, a dance show, and a visit to a night market.
There’s no set itinerary on day 4, so you can explore the city on your own or take part in an optional boat ride ($60/person) that passes the distinctive golden spires of the Grand Palace.
Day 5: River Kwai
Journey northwest to see the famous bridge over the River Kwai, built during World War II by prisoners of war and featured in David Lean’s classic film. Head to the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, where vendors floating in canoes sell snacks, meats, and fresh produce. The balance of the evening can be spent relaxing or taking part in an optional half-hour elephant ride and raft trip along the river ($50/person).
Days 6 and 7: Ayutthaya and Pattaya
Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ayutthaya was the capital of Thailand—then known as Siam—for several centuries. On a tour of the city, you’ll see temples dating back to this era, many with intricately carved stone spires. The Bang Pa-In Palace features a mix of Gothic, Chinese, and Baroque architectural styles as well as a topiary garden filled with shrubs pruned to resemble elephants and rabbits.
Days 8–11: Beijing and Departure
The final leg of the trip brings you to China’s bustling capital city. It’s rife with culture and history, including Tiananmen Square, where you’ll find the Monument to the People’s Heroes, a 120-foot granite obelisk that honors China’s fallen soldiers. While you’re in Beijing, you can use some of your free time to see the hundreds of imperial palaces and buildings that make up the Forbidden City ($28/person) or walk along a portion of the Great Wall of China ($49/person).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you have the option to extend your trip.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? As long as the Groupon shows the particular date can be purchased, then it is available.
3. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? After you purchase the Groupon, please redeem by making the reservation as soon as possible.
4. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? The maximum number of people that can stay in one room is three total. One child can stay with two parents in the same room. Children will require a Groupon in order to travel with parents. Discounts apply during booking process. Children must be under 12 years old at time of travel. Please contact Affordable Asia for details.
5. Is the price advertised available on every date?
Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Affordable Asia Tours for details.
- Promotional value expires Dec 17, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 12/16/15 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to a $200 fee; 59-day notice or $300 fee applies; 29-day notice or $500 fee applies; 14-day notice or $1,000 fee applies; 3-day notice or fee up to the Groupon price applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability. Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Fee to travel solo: $450 (January 2016–May 2016) or $475 (June 2016–October 2016).
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Tour of China & Thailand with Airfare from Affordable Asia
- Roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Houston (IAH), or New York City (JFK) is included; alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for an additional fee.
- Flight time: about 20–22 hours, depending on departure city