You’re viewing a tour from our Premium Collection, with a selection of top properties that are guaranteed to have a rating of 4 stars or higher.
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from
- Newark (EWR)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Houston (IAH)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Overnight ferry from Athens to Chania, Crete
- Transportation between Chania to Heraklion, Crete via coachbus
- Flight from Heraklion, Crete to Athens
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Nonstop flights available with Emirates Airlines (The Emirates Group) from EWR (Newark) only
- One layover flights available with Turkish Airlines (Star Alliance) from LAX, SFO, ORD & IAH
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (8 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 2 nights of accommodations at Athens Avenue, Titania, Athenaeum Grand, Athenaeum Palace, or similar in Athens
- 1 night of accommodations in a cabin room aboard an overnight ferry or similar from Athens to Chania, Crete
- 1 night of accommodations at Samaria Hotel, Kydon Hotel, Kriti Hotel, or similar in Chania
- 3 nights of accommodations at Ibis Styles Heraklion Central Hotel, Olive Green Hotel, Aquila Atlantis Hotel, or similar in Heraklion
- 1 night of accommodations at Athens Avenue, Titania, Athenaeum Grand, Athenaeum Palace, or similar in Athens
Attractions & Meals
- Daily breakfast
- Orientation tour in each city
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Admission to sightseeing places as indicated in the itinerary
Tour Itinerary at a Glance
There are two essential stops when visiting Greece: its capital Athens and one of the islands. With Affordable World Tours, guests get to experience both with a guide who makes sure all the best, world-renown stops are made. View the vast Parthenon, take a ferry to Chania, and have the option for free time or more tours, making the trip customizable and pleasant.
- Athens: Includes admissions to Acropolis (view Erechtheion and Parthenon) and New Acropolis Museum; pass by the city center, Hadrian’s Arch, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathenaic Stadium, Temple of Athena Nike.
- Chania: walking tour with highlights including old town, Venetian fortifications, the Arsenals, Cathedrals, Turkish Quarters, Etz Hayyim Synagogue
Heraklion: walking tour with highlights including fishing harbor, Koules; a medieval fortress, Saint Titu’s Cathedral, Piazza delle Biade; Loggia, Venetian Saint Mark’s Basilica
- Day 1: Fly to Athens.
- Day 2: Meet your guide and have the evening to spend at leisure.
- Day 3: Take a tour through Athens with your guide. Stops include Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and the Panathenaic Stadium.
- Day 4: Spend the day exploring old Plaka quarter on your own before transferring to Piraeus port for a ferry to Crete.
- Day 5: Arrive in Chania and tour the area with your guide. Visit the Greek Orthodox Cathedral and the Turkish quarters among other stops.
- Day 6: Travel to Heraklion city, Crete’s capital with a pitstop in Rethymnos town.
- Day 7: Tour the Koules medieval fortress with a free afternoon or take the optional half-day tour to the Palace of Knossos and a visit to the Heraklion Museum.
- Day 8: Free day with an optional excursion to Spinalonga Island and Agios Nikolaos.
- Day 9: Fly back to Athens with one last night before traveling home.
- Day 10: Fly back to the United States.
Call Affordable World at (888) 737-2742 for Questions About:
- Flying from any airport not listed here
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here; Extend your stay at the last visiting city for a supplemental deviation fee of $100 per person. Hotel accommodation and airport transfer are not included. Airlines surcharge fee may apply.
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Traveling with infant; please contact Affordable World for more information
- Booking optional tours and upgrades
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Cape Sounion afternoon tour on day 3 ($56/person)
- Half-day Knossos Palace and Heraklion Museum tour on day 7 (from $89/person; minimum of 10 participants)
Full-day Spinalonga Island and Agios Nikolaos tour on day 8 ($119/person, minimum of 10 participants)
- Upgrade to the NJV Athens Plaza Hotel or similar (Athens - 3 nights) (from $199 pp based on double occupancy)
- Upgrade to the Galaxy Hotel or similar (Heraklion, Crete - 3 nights) (from $59 pp based on double occupancy) *Upgrade to the GDM Megaron Hotel or similar (Heraklion, Crete - 3 nights) (from $89 pp based on double occupancy)