Visit Table Mountain and Robben Island in Cape Town
The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Washington DC (IAD) or New York (JFK) aboard South African Airways
- Round-trip airport transfers in Cape Town
- Six-night stay at the Cape Town Hollow Boutique hotel or Hollow on the Square hotel
- Daily breakfast
- Half-day Cape Town city tour, with Table Mountain tickets (weather permitting)
- Robben Island cruise and tour
- An included half-day tour introduces you to the city. Weather permitting, you’ll head to the top of South Africa’s iconic landmark, Table Mountain, via the aerial cableway. Here, you’ll have an unforgettable birds-eye view of the city, its beaches, the Helderberg Mountain, and the Cape Town Stadium, built for the 2010 World Cup.
- You’ll board a cruise (included with this Getaway) to Robben Island, located off Cape Town’s western coast. Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the island was once the site of a notorious prison; Nelson Mandela spent 18 years in a cell on Robben Island.
Click here to view a full itinerary.
Cape Town, South Africa: Natural Beauty and Vibrant Culture in Oceanfront City
South Africa’s oldest city and legislative capital, Cape Town is situated near the African continent’s southern tip. The scenic metropolis—sandwiched between the Atlantic Ocean and the geographic plateau of Table Mountain—is known for its fine dining and natural beauty, earning it a spot on Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Cities list in 2011. Visit the trendy Victoria & Alfred Waterfront (called the V&A for short) for shopping, dining, and people watching in Cape Town’s working harbor, which dates back to 1860.
Other historical attractions include the 17th-century Castle of Good Hope, one of South Africa’s oldest surviving colonial buildings. Built by the Dutch East India Company, the castle now houses a few history museums. Visit here on weekdays at 10 a.m. and noon to witness the Key Ceremony, a formal ritual where guards recreate the “unlocking” of the castle, followed by a cannon firing.
Those searching for some of Africa’s exotic animals have a few options. Keep an eye out for herds of zebras and wildebeests grazing on the slopes around the Rhodes Memorial, a Greek-temple-esque homage to imperialist Cecil John Rhodes in Table Mountain National Park, or take a tour of Aquila Private Game Reserve. You can also head south to the tip of Cape Peninsula, home to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, where baboons, bucks, and hundreds of bird species live near spectacular cliffs.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Call Africa Answers at 1-866-427-2540 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
We are more than happy to extend your vacation at the time of redemption. There will be additional costs and fees involved. Please call our Destination Specialists at 1-866-427-2540 for more information.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
Please call our Destination Specialists at 1-866-427-2540 for the most current availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
To ensure availability for your desired travel dates, please call ahead before purchase to make sure the dates you want to travel are available. If Africa Answers is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
All people traveling require a Groupon. Our Destination Specialists can provide pricing for your child/chlildren to join you on your exciting African vacation. Please call us on 866-427-2540 to discuss the pricing and rooming options.