Hotel at a Glance: Always Inn Brown County Bed & Breakfast
Always inviting, always accommodating, the Always Inn Brown County Bed & Breakfast in Nashville, Indiana pampers its guests with special amenities and service options. In the warmer months, they'll provide complimentary lemonade, sun tea, and cookies, while autumn brings brownies and hot chocolate.
- Start the day right: The inn serves a full country breakfast every morning
- Belgian chocolates: You'll find them in every guest room
- Distance to Bloomington: about 25 miles. It's an easy day trip to the campus of Indiana University.
- Stay connected: There's free WiFi and cable TV on a flat-screen
- Other in-room amenities: Antique-furnished rooms come with complimentary robes. Some rooms have jacuzzis.
- Local attractions: Visit nearby weekend flea markets in Gnaw Bone, Indiana and wineries and craft breweries
- Don't miss: Two outlet malls, movie theaters, and unique architecture in Columbus, Indiana
Nashville, Indiana: Small Town with an Artistic Temperament
Rolling hills and green valleys lead the way to Nashville, Indiana, a quaint country town just half an hour east of Bloomington. Visitors discover a bed and breakfast-lined borough steeped in the arts, with plenty of natural beauty just a stone's throw from Main Street.
The town may be best known for the Brown County Art Colony, which once included membership from established painters such as T. C. Steele and Gustave Baumann. Today, the former colony has evolved into the Brown County Art Guild, which maintains a permanent collection of works from the guild founders, as well as rotating exhibitions from area artists.
Just five miles from the inn is Brown County State Park, Indiana's largest state park, which sprawls across the region's undulating topography. Occasional spikes in elevation provide excellent hiking, mountain-biking, and horseback-riding opportunities, as well as sweeping views from lookout points. The park is especially inviting in the fall when the leaves change into Monopoly money.