What You Get
- All-inclusive Dominican Republic vacation
- 46 options available, including departures in April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December 2016 from IAH, MIA, EWR, JFK, PHX, and SFO.
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
- Call Apple Vacations at 844-405-6202 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $110–$310 fee (varies by trip duration) to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by 3/5/16; after this date, Groupon will refund the amount paid for any un-booked trips within 96 hours.
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to fee up to Groupon price; travel insurance is highly recommended. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
All-Inclusive Dominican Beach Getaway
With this trip from Apple Vacations, you’ll spend 3 to 5 days at an all-inclusive beachfront resort on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. Departures are available from Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Newark (EWR), New York (JFK), Phoenix (PHX), and San Francisco (SFO). All options include:
- 3, 5, or 7 nights of all-inclusive accommodations in a standard room at Grand Bahia Principe San Juan
- 24-hour snacks and soft drinks
- Three á la carte dinners per week of stay (reservation and formal dress required, long pants and shirt for men)
- WiFi in the lobby (one hour per day and per device)
- Minibar with water, soft drinks, and beer
- Alcoholic drinks served until 11 p.m. in the hotel’s bars and until 2 a.m. in the casino and discotheque
- Free entry to the nightclub (18+)
- Entertainment programs
- Kid’s club
Resort at a Glance: Grand Bahia Principe San Juan
This sprawling resort is a prime spot for enjoying the climate of Puerto Plata, where average temps hover around 80 year-round. You can lounge all day on the resort’s private beach—a full mile long—or get active with games of tennis or volleyball. Whenever the mood strikes, you can grab a cold beer or colorful cocktail at any of nine bars, including some you can swim right up to.
- Where you’ll stay: a standard guest room with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV, a minibar, and a balcony or terrace
- All-inclusive eats: Load up on international cuisine at the buffet or hit the à la carte restaurants for Mediterranean, Italian, and Asian fare.
- Hit a high note in the karaoke bar, or try your luck at the onsite casino (additional fees apply).
- Get a massage in an outdoor gazebo or head to the spa for a facial, body treatment, or sauna session (additional fees apply).
- Kid-friendly entertainment: dance competitions, mini musicals, and more
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic: Waterfalls, Beaches, and Centuries-Old Historical Sites
Situated on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata is best known for its sun-kissed beaches. But the province has several breathtaking geographical features inland as well. Damajagua is a natural water park of sorts—it features 27 waterfalls flowing from limestone rock formations. Tour guides lead groups through the falls, and you can swim and occasionally slide down the natural water slides.
You can get an aerial view of Puerto Plata and the Caribbean Sea on a teleférico, or cable car. One of them climbs 2,565 feet to the apex of Mount Isabel de Torres, which is crowned with blooming botanical gardens and a replica of Rio de Janeiro’s massive Christ the Redeemer statue. It’s also worth it to take a scenic drive to Parque Histórico La Isabela, where you’ll find the remains of a church as well as ruins of a colonial village where Columbus routinely woke his neighbors by blasting the Santa Maria’s foghorn.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Please contact us at 844-405-6202.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option. To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call Apple Vacations at 844-405-6202.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Apple Vacations at 844-405-6202 to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? No, you do not need a Groupon for your child. Please contact us at 844-405-6202 for child pricing.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Apple Vacations for details.
- One king bed or two full beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3 adults + 1 kid or 2 adults + 2 kids
- Adding occupants above standard: Contact Apple Vacations for details.
- Parking: available.
- Rollaways: not available.
- Smoking policy: allowed only in designated areas.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: call tour operator to inquire about handicap-accessible rooms.
- Room upgrades: not available.
- Private beach
- Four pools
- Four restaurants
- Nine bars
- Complimentary WiFi in lobby
- Promotional value expires Mar 5, 2016. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 3/5/16 or promo value expires
- Reservation required, inclusions/airfare/airline subject to availability
- Additional fees may apply for some departure dates
- All cancellations subject to fee up to Groupon price; travel insurance is highly recommended
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- $110–$310 fee (varies by trip duration) to travel solo
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Merchant cancellation policy applies
- For more information, please see Fair Trade Contract.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Grand Bahia Principe San Juan Stay with Air from Apple Vacations
- Includes round-trip airfare from Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Newark (EWR), New York (JFK), Phoenix (PHX), or San Francisco (SFO)