Hotel at a Glance: Bay Landing RV Resort & Campground
Bay Landing’s cabins overlook Lake Bridgeport, a manmade freshwater reservoir 70 miles northwest of Dallas. The lake has 170 miles of scenic shoreline, so you can hike or bike on paths that hug the lake or simply pack a picnic spread and enjoy solitude by the waterfront.
- Canoe rental: Each trip includes a 1-day canoe rental, ideal for quietly exploring the lake.
- Cabin amenities: Standard cabins come with a kitchenette with microwave, full-size stove and oven, icebox, coffeemaker, toaster, and all dishes and utensils; a screened-in back porch; and an outdoor picnic table with grill.
- Go for a swim in the resort’s outdoor pool or relax in the whirlpool.
- Strike up a game of volleyball, tennis, horseshoes, or shuffleboard.
- Cast a line into the lake or stick to the small fishing hole in the middle of the campground.
Bridgeport, Texas: Outdoor Recreation on Manmade Lake
Since the Lake Bridgeport reservoir was created in 1931, it has been a popular day-trip destination for residents of Dallas–Fort Worth. About 70 miles from the metro area, the lake offers top conditions for fishing for hybrid bass, white bass, and crappie, and for watersports such as wakeboarding and waterskiing. Head to one of the lake’s various marinas to rent a boat, stock up on provisions, or clean your catches for the day.