Hotel at a Glance: Beach Break Resort
An ocean breeze doesn’t travel very far before it reaches guests sipping drinks around the pools at Beach Break Resort. The resort sits just off Jacó Beach and the Gulf of Nicoya, with forested mountains on its other side. Head to the beach for surfing lessons or to charter a sportfishing excursion.
- All-inclusive package: Some of this voucher’s options include three daily meals and snacks, as well as all domestic alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks.
- Enjoy the view: Standard rooms feature patios or balconies overlooking the palm-studded pools.
- Sip cocktails from a poolside swim-up bar.
- Go for a walk: Five acres of tropical gardens surround the resort—keep your eyes peeled for tropical birds and other animals.
- Hang 10: Groupon guests receive 50% off surf lessons at the resort daily surf camp.
Puntarenas, Costa Rica: Scarlet Macaws and Surfing in Popular Ecotourism Getaway
Located along the Pacific coastline, Puntarenas is Costa Rica’s largest province, extending hundrends of miles from the Panama-Costa Rica border up to the Gulf of Nicoya. In Puntarenas, you’re never far from beaches, national parks, and nature reserves, making the area a popular ecotourism spot. The beachside town of Jacó attracts surfers from all over the globe with consistently big waves and good breaks. Just a few miles inland, Carara National Park, an 11,600-acre nature reserve, is home to crocodiles, two-toed sloths, and hundreds of scarlet macaws—a rare sight in most parts of the country.
About 60 miles northeast of Jacó lies the Costa Rican capital of San José, a bustling cultural hub filled with open-air artisan markets and street vendors selling tamales and pupusas (stuffed flatbread). Wandering the streets here you’ll see a confluence of architecture styles—part Spanish, part Moorish—and some of the older neighborhoods still have homes made out of wood and adobe.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) is about 56 miles from the hotel. Airport transfers can be arranged from the resort for a group of up to 4 people for a round trip cost of $240 plus 13% tax. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com upon making your reservation with your flight name and number, time of arrival, how many in your group and name for sign board the driver will hold in the arrival area. Please submit the details above to arrange for both your pick-up and departure shuttle.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. Adding occupants above standard for room-only options is $25 per night for each additional guest. For all-inclusive options, $89 per night for each additional guest.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here.