What You Get
Stay for up to four in a studio room
- Option 1: $350, valid for travel until February 14, 2013 (up to a $600 value)
- Option 2: $468, valid for travel February 18–March 14, 2013 (up to a $780 value)
- Option 3: $400, valid for travel April 14–August 31, 2013 (up to a $680 value)
- Option 4: $450, valid for travel until February 14, 2013 (up to a $750 value)
- Option 5: $585, valid for travel February 18–March 14, 2013 (up to a $975 value)
- Option 6: $510, valid for travel April 14–August 31, 2013 (up to an $850 value)
- Option 7: $630 for a seven-night stay, valid for travel until February 14, 2013 (up to a $1,050 value)
Book by: 1/25/13
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Spacious Studios Steps from White-Sand Beaches
Located off Florida’s Gulf Coast just across from Sarasota, Longboat Key is a barrier island with a gorgeous 12-mile beach—a serene setting for golfing, biking, boating, and shopping. The Beach on Longboat Key puts guests along the gulfside beach of this quiet and secluded island. From the guest rooms’ furnished balconies and patios, visitors can take in the sun setting just above the white sands and emerald-blue ocean.
The studio rooms are well suited for families traveling with kids. A queen-size Murphy bed unfolds from within a wall in the dining room, and there’s a sleeper sofa in the living room. The kitchen comes stocked with everything you need, including stainless-steel appliances and granite countertops. For recreation, you can simply step outside to beach, take a dip in the heated pool, or eat lunch in the picnic areas.
Longboat Key, Florida: Boating and Beaches near Sarasota
Sandwiched between the Gulf of Mexico and Sarasota Bay, Longboat Key is defined by the beach lining its western coast. Lots of companies offer chartered fishing trips, with the deep-sea fishers heading to waters rife with barracuda, kingfish, grouper, and more. Of course, you can always skip the trip and head to one of the many seaside seafood restaurants to enjoy locally sourced ahi, tuna, and flounder.
The Beach at Longboat Key rents out bikes for free; it’s an inexpensive and fun way to explore the coast and its lush green spaces. About 2 miles north of the hotel, Bicentennial Park makes for a nice spot to have a picnic amid the garden or get directions from native birds and butterflies. You could also take Gulf of Mexico Drive back toward the mainland and Sarasota, known for its 30+ golf courses as well as the Mote Aquarium, where you can meet manatees and sea turtles.
- One queen-size Murphy bed, which folds out within the dining area, and one sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge
- Full kitchen with stainless-steel appliances
- Flat-screen TV with DVD and CD player
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: no pets allowed inside the property
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Private balconies facing gulf
- In-room kitchen and eating area
- Heated pool
- Free bike rentals
- Recently renovated rooms
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Jan 25, 2013. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 1/25/13 or promo value expires
- Not valid 5/24-5/27, 7/3-7/7
- Limit 2 per person
- May buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 15-day cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price applies; 10% of Groupon price fee applies to all cancellations
- Must be 25 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- $25 non-refundable accidental rental damage insurance not included
- 12% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Beach on Longboat Key
- By plane: 12 miles from Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ); 62 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- By transit: Bus 18, Gulf of Mexico Drive and Buttonwood Cove
- By cab: about $30 from SRQ