Top Reasons to Stay at Best Western Plus Carriage Inn
- Located in an affluent suburb in Southern California, this AAA Three-Diamond award-winning hotel lies just outside Los Angeles—the entertainment capital of the world.
- Universal Studios Hollywood is just 8 miles from the hotel. You can take a behind-the-scenes studio tour, battle robots on Transformers: The Ride 3D, and careen through the dark at speeds up to 45 miles per hour on the Revenge of the Mummy roller coaster.
- The hotel’s heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi occupy an idyllic setting surrounded by lounge chairs, palm trees, and flowers.
- Antique shops, jewelry stores, and trendy restaurants, as well as the Sherman Oaks Galleria, line the renowned Ventura Boulevard Shopping District, located a mile from the hotel.
- Perched on a hilltop in nearby Santa Monica, the world-famous Getty Center sprawls across 110 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. You can spend an entire day admiring the center’s modern architecture, mountain views, and collection of European paintings at the J. Paul Getty Museum.
- The hotel’s fashionable guest rooms are decorated in warm shades of yellow and gold.
- The onsite Denny’s restaurant churns out hearty breakfasts and burgers 24 hours a day. You can also order classic American fare and draft beers at the hotel’s wood-appointed lounge.
Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles: Upscale Village Featured in Movies and Television
About a half hour north of downtown Los Angeles along the Los Angeles River is the village of Sherman Oaks, a filming site for many TV shows and movies, including Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Scrubs, and Crash. Fast Times at Ridgemont High was filmed at the more than 300,000-square-foot Sherman Oaks Galleria, where you can browse high-end boutiques, watch a movie, and dine at one of the many onsite restaurants.
Take a short scenic drive south to experience LA and Hollywood’s attractions, including the California Science Center, Venice Beach, and Griffith Park Observatory, which affords great views of the landscape and the Hollywood sign.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.