Top Reasons to Visit Best Western Plus Henderson Hotel
- Located in the relaxed Las Vegas suburb of Henderson, this family-friendly hotel is close to scenic golf courses, the Ethel M Chocolates Factory, and hiking and boating at Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
- There are plenty of places to shop nearby, including the sprawling Galleria at Sunset mall.
- For a little relaxing, you can take a dip in the hotel’s outdoor pool.
- Guest rooms have 32-inch LCD televisions, granite countertops, and high-speed Internet access.
- Each morning, guests receive a complimentary hot breakfast featuring eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, and 100% arabica coffee.
- From here, you’re just 10 miles from the Las Vegas Strip and about a 25-minute drive from Boulder City and the Hoover Dam.
Henderson, Nevada: Tranquil Desert Suburb with Lots of Green Space
Though it’s close enough to Las Vegas’s glitz and glamor—about 16 miles southeast—the suburb of Henderson is decidedly relaxed. Forbes named it one of the top places to retire in the United States, and Money magazine dubbed it one of the best places to live. It’s easy to see why the town gained such accolades, as golf courses, pools, and resort communities are in abundance here. And despite being in the desert, the city has a lot of green spaces, including a number of parks and a network of nearly 65 miles of hiking trails. Visitors can also enjoy the warm climate by touring the Lion Habitat Ranch, where adults can sometimes interact with the lion cubs.
You’ll find the Hoover Dam, one of America’s Seven Modern Civil Engineering Wonders, about 20 miles east of town. Take the guided tour if you want to learn more about the dam’s history and get a look at the inner passageways. Nearby Lake Mead hosts all sorts of watersports, including kayaking and fishing, but the bulk of the lake’s recreation area consists of mountains and valley with trails for hiking.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.