Top Reasons to Visit the Best Western Plus Plaza by the Green
- It sits on the edge of an 18-hole golf course in a southern suburb of Seattle.
- One option of this deal includes a round of golf for two at the adjacent Riverbend Golf Complex. Guests also get access to the driving range and complimentary golf balls.
- The hotel’s spacious guest rooms feature sleek wood furnishings, refrigerators, and views of either the golf course or the plaza.
- In the morning, there’s a complimentary breakfast buffet stocked with fresh fruit, waffles, muffins, and cereals.
- You can take an onsite jogging path past the river and the golf course fairways, and the nearby Interurban Trail follows a historic rail line.
- Seattle is located about 25 minutes from the hotel. It’s a progressive city filled with waterfront parks, sustainable-seafood restaurants, and award-winning museums.
Kent/Seattle, Washington: Countryside Suburb 20 Miles South of Seattle
Situated in western Washington’s Green River Valley, Kent is a scenic city dotted with sprawling recreation parks. You can get wonderful views of Mount Rainier here, as well as the Cascade Range and Olympic Mountains in the distance.
About 20 miles south is Seattle, which is home to the open-air Pike Place Market, where street performers provide musical accompaniment to merchants and shoppers. One of the most renowned attractions in Seattle, the marketplace bustles with locals and out-of-towners browsing an array of stalls vending fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, flowers, and meat.
Before the proliferation of Starbucks on every corner, Seattleites grabbed cups of java at the company's original coffeehouse, which first opened here in 1971. Local gourmet coffee shops can be found in other inviting neighborhoods, too. Belltown, located about a half mile north of downtown, is an arts district filled with cafés, shops, and galleries galore. One such gallery, Roq La Rue, showcases rotating exhibits with an emphasis on pop surrealism and underground contemporary art.
From the vantage point of Kerry Park, there's a terrific view of Elliott Bay and the Seattle skyline, with the Space Needle standing prominently in the foreground. On clear days, you can search for rock carvings of the Frasier cast on the face of Mount Rainier in the distance.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.