Top Reasons to Stay at Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel
- The hotel is located in northern Colorado, just a short drive from Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Nearby you’ll find an extensive network of hiking and mountain-biking trails that offer breathtaking views and a chance to see wildlife.
- Some deal options include a $20 dining credit at Harold’s Restaurant & Lounge, located next door to the hotel. Open for lunch and dinner, Harold’s serves farm-to-table cuisine and artisan cocktails.
- Every morning, the hotel offers a complimentary breakfast including eggs, fruit, cereal, and ham, sausage, or bacon.
- During the day, you can grab a spot by the hotel’s heated outdoor pool. The area gets more than 300 days of sunshine per year, so it’s likely you’ll have pleasant weather while you’re here.
Longmont, Colorado: Hiking, Horseback Riding, and Craft Breweries near the Rockies
Located in northern Colorado about 40 miles east of the Rocky Mountains, the city of Longmont is surrounded by stunning natural beauty. Views of the snow-capped Front Range abound, and more than 1,500 acres of public parks provide a blanket of green. To soak up the scenery, take a stroll along the St. Vrain Greenway. The 8-mile creek-side path takes you past horse ranches, farms, and secluded fishing ponds along the way. Just west of Longmont, Rabbit Mountain offers moderate hiking and biking trails and plenty of chances to see elk and mule deer.
There’s also plenty to do downtown. Known as the “biggest little beer town in Colorado,” Longmont is home to several craft breweries that produce award-winning beers. You can sample pilsners and stouts at Left Hand Brewing Company or head to one of the many gastropubs in town—most have at least one local brew on tap. Additionally, there are a number of art galleries and live-music joints to choose from, especially on the weekends. Quirky neighborhoods such as Prospect and Old Town boast hole-in-the-wall barbecue spots and independent boutiques.