Hotel At a Glance: Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel
The Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel recently went through a major renovation, rendering it a surprisingly elegant and upscale choice for downtown Oshkosh accommodations. Set directly on the Fox River, you'll have dramatic views from nearly every window, and you'll be able to walk to many downtown attractions, shopping, and restaurants. The hotel has an on-site eatery and features a connecting skyway to the attached convention center.
- Right on the river: this downtown waterfront hotel boasts great views in the heart of downtown Oshkosh
- Recent renovations: A $13 million renovation has put this Best Western into an entirely new hotel category—it's luxurious and chic, with new amenities, such as an indoor pool and fitness center
- Close to: Downtown shops as well as the Outlet Shoppes at Oshkosh, the Grand Opera, and the EAA AirVenture Museum
- Room with a view: Spacious guest rooms overlook the Fox River, and feature microwaves, mini-fridges, and granite countertops
- Signature dishes: Whiskey peppercorn sirloin tips and baby back ribs at the on-site Ground Round restaurant
Oshkosh, Wisconsin: College Town with Aviation Fame
Located in eastern Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Winnebago, Oshkosh is a thriving little city with a bustling downtown. The University of Wisconsin–Oshkosh, the state's third-largest university, is located downtown, and some 14,000 students call the area home, helping to create a youthful college atmosphere studded with popular bars and small restaurants.
Oshkosh is famous for two main things: being the hometown of the OshKosh B'Gosh children's clothing line, and aviation. For one week every year (typically late July or early August), Oshkosh plays host to the EAA Airventure, the "World's Greatest Aviation Celebration," with more than 10,000 vintage, antique, and warbird planes flying in to take part. Year-round, you can visit the EAA AirVenture Museum to see more than 20,000 historic aviation objects, including 200 historic airplanes. For an outdoor activity, head to the Wiouwash Trail to hike, cross-country ski, snowshoe, or bike the park's 16 miles of scenic trails.