Located in downtown Hendersonville, the charming and historical 1898 Waverly Inn welcomes guests with free WiFi and housemade breakfasts
Inn at a Glance: 1898 Waverly Inn
Owners Mike and Tracey Burnette cherish the history and charm of the area, which is obvious when you take a look at 1898 Waverly Inn. The oldest surviving inn in Hendersonville, it’s full of nods to the past from some of the rooms’ clawfoot tubs to the four-poster beds. The free WiFi shows the warm welcome that modern amenities have been getting since the inn adopted electricity all the way back in 1903.
- Romance package included with two options, features $50 gift or spa credit, two wine tastings, and chocolate-covered strawberries.
- Free farm-to-table breakfast: Breakfast is included in all stays, with specialties that include banana pecan French toast bake, pimento cheese grit bowl, and artisanal, locally-made jams.
- Pamper yourself with a massage or a reflexology treatment at Le Petite Spa.
- Sample local brews at the Southern Appalachian Brewery, located just a five-minute walk from the inn.
- Distance to Asheville: 26 miles (30 min. drive)
Hendersonville, North Carolina: Artsy Town in the Blue Ridge Mountains
In Hendersonville you’ll find western North Carolina’s most charming downtown with virtually all independent restaurants, shops and breweries. Best of all, it’s all accessible from a short walk from the 1898 Waverly. Venturing out from downtown, you’ll find you are close to a plethora of attractions such as the Biltmore Estate, Chimney Rock, DuPont State Forest and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Wine lovers will find great refreshment at three mountain vineyards and craft beer drinkers will rejoice at the selection of breweries close by including Sierra Nevada’s east cost brewery affectionately known as Malt Disney World.