What You Get
Per CDC guidelines, travel to Mexico is highly discouraged at this time due to the increased COVID-19 levels currently being reported. Please view the latest travel information here.
✈ CDC Travel Order: Effective 1/26/21 all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country must get tested for COVID-19 infection no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight. More information on this testing requirement can be found here.
- Stay for two in a one-bedroom suite or four in a two-bedroom suite
Resort at a Glance: Acanto Hotel Playa del Carmen
You won’t see a car driving down Playa del Carmen’s main thoroughfare, Quinta Avenida (or Fifth Avenue in English). Cars are off-limits here. Instead, live marimba musicians, pedestrians, firebreathers, and vendors hocking handmade goods and Cuban cigars claim the cobblestone street. Less than a block from this lively main drag, the four-star Acanto Hotel and Suites puts you in prime position for exploring Playa del Carmen’s Mayan architecture and hip nightlife, as well as for kicking back on the Caribbean beaches that are just steps away.
- One- and two-bedroom suites feature marble bathrooms, terraces, and full kitchens.
- In-room entertainment: complimentary high-speed WiFi and plasma-screen TVs
- Design scheme: The hotel resembles a hacienda with wrought-iron terraces, arched windows, and an adobe façade.
- Take a dip in the swimming pool, which is surrounded by palm trees and stone siding.
- Eco-tours: Talk to the concierge to arrange scuba-diving excursions along Playa del Carmen’s massive barrier reef and other adventures such as swimming with dolphins, ziplining through the jungle, and visiting Mayan ruins.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Trendy Beach Area and Diving Destination
Just across the sea from the island of Cozumel, Playa del Carmen has been called “the hippest city in all of the Yucatán Peninsula” by Lonely Planet. The laid-back beach bars and cafés have a way of converting vacationers into expats, but Playa’s most compelling draw might be its cenotes—cavernous sinkholes filled with turquoise pools. The water in the cenotes is crystal clear, particularly at the lily-pad-dotted Xlacah cenote, where you can snorkel among schools of colorful fish.
To the south, you’ll find preserved ruins of pre-Columbian cities. Tulum’s crumbling temples are situated above a dramatic ocean bluff, and Coba’s enormous pyramid rises between two lagoons. For a fun day trip, hop aboard the ferry to Cozumel, which docks at the pier east of Calle 1. There are about a dozen dive shops on Cozumel, and they offer trips offshore to the reefs that Jacques Cousteau declared some of the world’s most beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Cancún International Airport (CUN) is approximately 56 km from the property. Airport transfer service available for an additional fee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and details.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? This deal covers two or four guests, depending on option purchased. Additional occupants are not allowed.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or call 888-331-2177.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- One king bed and one queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Outdoor pool
- Rooftop deck with loungers and grills
- Nature tours available
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary underground parking
- Salon and spa (additional fees)
- Access to a nearby gym (additional fee)
- 31-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Must present valid US or Canadian ID at check-in
- All prices and charges listed in US Dollars
- Purchases are in US Dollars
- Foreign exchange fee may apply
- $250 refundable credit card authorization paid at check-in
- Airfare not included
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Acanto Hotel Playa del Carmen, Trademark Collection by Wyndham
- Nearest airport: Cancún International Airport (CUN; about 35 miles)