What You Get
- Stay for two in an Aloft king room or Aloft double-queen room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in an Aloft double-queen room
- Dates into January 2017
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Aloft Houston by the Galleria
The newly-renovated Aloft Houston by the Galleria is a stylish, forward-thinking hotel in the city’s trendy Uptown district. In addition to providing bright, modern guest rooms and futuristic decor, the hotel embraces new technologies so that you stay connected and on the pulse of what’s hip. It’s located blocks from the upscale Galleria shopping mall and a short trip from downtown’s parks and museums.
- In-room perks free WiFi, plug-and-play connectivity stations linking electronics to a 42-inch LCD TV, and an oversize shower
- Luxurious amenities include the hotel’s signature ultracomfortable bedding and bath products from Bliss Spa.
- Mix and mingle in the onsite bar and lounge.
- Stock up on snacks in the hotel’s one-stop food-and-beverage area, which stays open 24/7.
- Take a dip in the indoor pool.
- Grab a drink in the lounge, where there are four LCD TVs.
- Pet-friendly digs: Furry friends weighing up to 40 pounds can stay in your room for no additional charge. You’ll even get a special bowl, bed, and treats.
Houston, Texas: Space History, Museums, and World-Class Dining in Nation’s Fourth-Largest City
As the nation’s fourth-largest city by population, Houston has established itself as one of the Gulf Coast’s most thriving cultural hubs. The city has 19 museums covering everything from history to art to science. For art lovers, the Menil Collection—which Frommer’s calls “one of the world’s great private collections”—is a must-see. Here, you’ll browse a wide array of 20th-century art from Jasper Johns, René Magritte, and Andy Warhol, as well as artifacts from Africa and the Pacific Islands.
You could also spend an entire day exploring Houston’s science institutions. When Apollo 13 astronaut Jim Lovell famously stated, “Houston, we have a problem,” he was talking to mission control at Space Center Houston. Here, visitors can tour the historic mission-control room and get a behind-the-scenes look at astronauts training for the International Space Station. Along Houston’s Hermann Park, The Health Museum exhibits a large-scale human body that you can enter to learn about how your organs operate.
For shopping, visit Uptown Park, an outdoor mall that brings to mind an Italian piazza through Romanesque columns, stone fountains, and open-air bistros with strings of twinkling lights. According to a Zagat survey, Houstonians dine out more than anyone else in the country, and this mall offers some of the city’s best eats, from sushi to Spanish tapas to creamy cupcakes.
Aloft King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Aloft Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: garage parking available for an additional $18 per day.
- Rollaways: available for an additional $10 per night.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets up to 40 lb. may be added at no additional cost.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Bar and lounge
- Free high-speed Internet
- Indoor pool
- 24/7 food center
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable. No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Aloft Houston by the Galleria
- Nearest airports: William P. Hobby Airport (HOU; 21 mi) and George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH; 28 mi)
- Cab fare: about $55 from HOU