What You Get
- Stay for two in a king room or double-queen room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a double-queen room
- Dates into March 2016
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Aloft Houston by the Galleria
Aloft Houston by the Galleria is a stylish, forward-thinking hotel in the city’s trendy Uptown District. In addition to providing bright, modern rooms, the hotel goes out of its way to embrace new technologies so that guests stay connected and on the pulse of what’s hip and current. It’s located blocks from the upscale Galleria shopping mall and a short trip from downtown’s parks and museums.
- In-room entertainment free WiFi and plug-and-play connectivity stations linking your electronics to a 42-inch LCD TV
- Luxurious amenities include the hotel’s signature ultra-comfortable bedding and bath products from Bliss Spa.
- Mix and mingle in the onsite bar and lounge.
- Stock up on snacks at any time of day or night in the hotel’s one-stop food and beverage area, which stays open 24/7.
- Take a dip in the indoor pool.
- Go green: The hotel’s environmental practices were recognized with a gold-level GreenLeader Award from TripAdvisor.
- Pet friendly: Furry friends weighing up to 40 pounds can stay in your room for no additional charge. You’ll even get a special bowl, bed, and treats.
Houston, Texas: Space History, Museums, and World-Class Dining in Nation’s Fourth-Largest City
As the nation’s fourth-largest city by population, Houston has established itself as one of the Gulf Coast’s most thriving cultural hubs. The city has 19 museums covering everything from history to art to science. For art lovers, the Menil Collection—which Frommer’s calls “one of the world’s great private collections”—is a must-see. Here, you’ll browse a wide array of 20th-century art from Jasper Johns, René Magritte, and Andy Warhol, as well as artifacts from Africa and the Pacific Islands.
You could also spend an entire day exploring Houston’s science institutions. When Apollo 13 astronaut Jim Lovell famously stated, “Houston, we have a problem,” he was talking to mission control at Space Center Houston. Here, visitors can tour the historic mission-control room and get a behind-the-scenes look at astronauts training for the International Space Station. Along Houston’s Hermann Park, The Health Museum exhibits a large-scale human body that you can enter to learn about how your organs operate.
For shopping, visit Uptown Park, an outdoor mall that brings to mind an Italian piazza through Romanesque columns, stone fountains, and open-air bistros with strings of twinkling lights. According to a Zagat survey, Houstonians dine out more than anyone else in the country, and this mall offers some of the city’s best eats, from sushi to Spanish tapas to creamy cupcakes.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 18 and older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: garage parking available for an additional $16 per day; parking increases to $18 per day beginning May 1
- Rollaways: available for an additional $10 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 40 lb. may be added at no additional cost.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Bar and lounge
- Complimentary high speed internet
- Indoor pool
- 24/7 food center
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Aloft Houston by the Galleria
- Nearest airport: George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH; 28 mi)
- Cab fare: $70 from IAH