Hip Houston hotel offering up-to-date technology, contemporary decor, and lively bar
About This Deal
Hotel at a Glance: Aloft Houston Galleria
Aloft Houston Galleria is a stylish, forward-thinking hotel in the city’s trendy Uptown District. In addition to providing bright, modern rooms, the hotel goes out of its way to embrace new technologies so that guests stay connected and on the pulse of what’s hip and current. It’s located blocks from the upscale Galleria shopping mall and a short trip from downtown’s parks and museums.
- Stay connected in rooms with free WiFi and plug-and-play connectivity stations linking your electronics to a 42-inch LCD TV.
- Luxurious amenities include the hotel’s signature ultra-comfortable bedding and bath products from Bliss Spa.
- Mix and mingle in the onsite bar and lounge.
- Stock up on snacks at any time of day or night in the hotel’s pantry, which stays open 24/7.
- Take a dip in the indoor pool.
- Go green: The hotel’s environmental practices were recognized with a gold-level GreenLeader Award from TripAdvisor.
- Pet-friendly: Guests are welcome to bring their pet, up to 40 lbs. for no additional charge. Aloft Houston Galleria offers a special complimentary program that includes a special bowl, bed, and treats for pets staying. Read more here.
Houston, Texas: Space History, Museums, and World-Class Dining in Nation’s Fourth-Largest City
As the nation’s fourth-largest city by population, Houston has established itself as one of the Gulf Coast’s most thriving cultural hubs. The city has 19 museums covering everything from history to art to science. For art lovers, the Menil Collection—which Frommer’s calls “one of the world’s great private collections”—is a must-see. Here, you’ll browse a wide array of 20th-century art from Jasper Johns, René Magritte, and Andy Warhol, as well as artifacts from Africa and the Pacific Islands.
You could also spend an entire day exploring Houston’s science institutions. When Apollo 13 astronaut Jim Lovell famously stated, “Houston, we have a problem,” he was talking to mission control at Space Center Houston. Here, visitors can tour the historic mission-control room and get a behind-the-scenes look at astronauts training for the International Space Station. Along Houston’s Hermann Park, The Health Museum exhibits a large-scale human body that you can enter to learn about how your organs operate.
For shopping, visit Uptown Park, an outdoor mall that brings to mind an Italian piazza through Romanesque columns, stone fountains, and open-air bistros with strings of twinkling lights. According to a Zagat survey, Houstonians dine out more than anyone else in the country, and this mall offers some of the city’s best eats, from sushi to Spanish tapas to creamy cupcakes.