Hotel at a Glance: AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport
Following remodeling in 2014, AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport has a fresh look and new features to make your stay more comfortable. Sprawl out on your room’s new Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress and watch your favorite show on the flat-screen TV.
- In-room amenities: microwaves and mini fridges
- Get active using the onsite fitness center’s cardio equipment.
- Free perks: an airport shuttle, WiFi, and coffee and tea available all day in the lobby
- Start the day right with a complimentary breakfast with items such as waffles, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, and sausage.
- Explore the city: Take the hotel’s free shuttle to attractions within a 3-mile radius, or drive to the nearby Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City or Oklahoma City Zoo.
Oklahoma City: Former Frontier City with Modern Museums
Oklahoma City is a relatively young town, founded a little more than a century ago in 1889. It’s both the capital and the largest city in the state, and it’s chock-full of contemporary museums, modern art displays, and vibrant neighborhoods. Head to the historical Bricktown district to stroll along a picturesque river walk past eateries and shops, all housed in the traditional red-brick buildings that gave the area its name.
You’ll also find several niche museums to check out, such as the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum and the Museum of Osteology, which bills itself as “America’s Only Skeleton Museum.” Here, you can see hundreds of skulls and skeletons of various animals, including primates, reptiles, and a 40-foot whale.