What You Get
- Stay for two in a king room or double-queen room
- Select options include daily breakfast for two at Maple Restaurant
- Select options include zip line adventure for two per stay
- Dates into April
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $10 lodge fee paid at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: The Lodge at Amicalola State Park
Amicalola Falls—one of the southeast’s tallest waterfalls—surges over a rocky precipice within Amicalola Falls State Park. The 729-foot cascade, whose name is a Cherokee word meaning “tumbling waters,” is located just a short walk from The Lodge at Amicalola State Park. Perched on a bluff overlooking the North Georgia mountains, the four-story lodge sits amid picturesque scenery near a trout-stocked pond and meandering trails through the Chattahoochee National Forest.
- Guest rooms are newly-renovated with a mixture of plaids and textured fabrics set with mountain valley views.
- Greet the day with free breakfast for two, included in all options.
- Adrenaline rush: some options include a ziplining adventure.
- Share vacation photos when you log on to the free WiFi connection.
- Unwind at night while watching an array of channels on your room’s satellite TV.
Amicalola Falls State Park, Georgia: Picturesque Cascades near Historical Towns
About 70 miles north of Atlanta, Amicalola Falls State Park boasts cascades that are viewable from several vantage points for hikers. There are a number of trails in the park—the gently sloping 0.3-mile West Ridge Falls Access Trail boasts waterfall views for those avoiding a strenuous hike. For those who prefer to climb, a massive staircase leads trekkers up the mountainside adjacent to the waterfall, eventually arriving at the apex of the cliff. Serious hikers can make the 8.5-mile journey on the new Appalachian Approach Trail, which meanders past the falls to Springer Mountain. Once there, guests can hike a portion of the 2,175-mile Appalachian Trail, which winds its way north to Maine.
Housed within the historical Lumpkin County Courthouse, the Dahlonega Gold Museum Historic Site recounts the town’s 1829 gold rush. The mining boom was brief but prosperous—a US branch mint opened and coined more than $6 million in gold before closing its doors in 1861. The museum also exhibits a set of gold coins, a hydraulic cannon once used for mining, and a gold nugget that weighs more than 5 ounces.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: no additional charge
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: covered by $10 lodge fee.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Onsite restaurant
- Hiking trails nearby
- Mountain views from rooms
- Complimentary WiFi
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- $10 lodge fee paid at check-in
- Reservation required for zip line, call (706) 265-1233 and mention your Groupon.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Amicalola Falls State Park and Lodge
- Nearest airports: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL; 85 miles) and Athens-Ben Epps Airport (AHN; 85 miles)
- Distance from Atlanta: 80 miles