Top Reasons to Visit Aston Lakeland Village Resort
- Located directly on Lake Tahoe, this 19-acre condo resort has gorgeous views of the lake and the Sierra Nevada mountains.
- A free shuttle takes you to nearby Heavenly Mountain Resort, as well as the area’s casinos, shopping centers, and restaurants.
- All accommodation types include fully equipped kitchens, fireplaces, balconies, and WiFi.
- Nearby summer activities here include windsurfing, kayaking, golfing, mountain biking, and hiking.
- The resort picked up a 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- During the winter, the resort serves a complimentary breakfast, provides free snowshoes, and has an onsite ski shop.
South Lake Tahoe, California: Year-Round Haven for Outdoor Adventures and Late-Night Revelry
Lake Tahoe has no real off-season; people find ways to make use of its pristine water, beaches, and mountains all year long. In the summer, the lake’s clear, freshwater surface—which straddles the California-Nevada border—is dotted with swimmers, boaters, and jet skiers. Several ski resorts with world-class slopes typically stay open from November to April, and Emerald Bay State Park is accessible year-round. A moderately easy hike to the base of Lower Eagle Falls reveals breathtaking views of the waterfalls crashing down from above.
A diverse crowd of spectators gathers at night for South Lake Tahoe’s various events, which range from wine and food festivals to rock concerts and fireworks displays. About a mile east of Aston Lakeland Village sits Stateline, Nevada where a handful of casinos host high-stakes games of blackjack, craps, and poker along with video slot machines and cabaret shows.