Hotel at a Glance: Atlantica Hotel & Marina Oak Island
Situated just an hour outside of Halifax on the Bluenose Coast of Nova Scotia’s South Shore, the Atlantica Hotel & Marina Oak Island is steeped in nature, island views, and maritime activities. Rent a kayak and explore the surrounding bay's 365 islands or head out to watch humpback and fin whales play. Back onshore, you can enjoy seafood, wine, and treatments at a full day spa.
- Treat yourself to a full range of beauty and massage treatments at the Aqua Spa.
- La Vista Dining Room: Enjoy panoramic views of Oak Island and Mahone Bay with a glass of wine and a steak or seafood entree.
- Come sail away: The Atlantica Marina Oak Island offers 41 seasonal berths and four moorings from mid-May through mid-October.
- In-room amenities: cable TV, coffee makers, and WiFi
- Take a dip: indoor and outdoor pools onsite
Nova Scotia's South Shore: Maritime Activities Along Scenic Coastline
Cottages and bed and breakfasts dot Nova Scotia's South Shore, a scenic stretch along the Atlantic Ocean and just southwest of Halifax. The area is best known for the colorful little town of Lunenburg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that draws visitors with its distinctive 19th-century architecture and numerous arts and music festivals. Be sure to visit the Bluenose II, a replica of the undefeated Bluenose racing schooner—a national icon featured on the Canadian dime.
Though much of what's worth seeing on the South Shore is near the water, there's an excellent spot for hiking and wildlife-spotting inland. Kejimkujik National Park, or Keji for short, is an old-growth forest and the second largest biosphere reserve in Canada. Tackle one of the 15 hiking trails on the grounds, keeping your eyes peeled for moose, deer, beavers, and loons.